Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I ahve been told the following by OFSTED - this can't be right

(10 Posts)
saltire Tue 26-Aug-08 16:23:23

I need to allow mindess access to the whole house. I wnated it just to be access to the room I am going to use for toddler/babies sleeping.
They say that I can't do that, I have to let the whole use be used, and that means that
A) all my makeup and toiletries and medication must be put in a locked cupboard, up high isn't good enough as they could climb
B) The DSes should really get rid of their lego and magnetix as a small child will perhaps eat it!
C) all the shower gels, toiletries etc in bathroom should be locked away as well.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 26-Aug-08 16:26:41

What type of house do you live in? Did you only have one room set aside that you wanted to use? Because if so remember your bathroom and hallways etc need registering too.

Seems a bit odd?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Tue 26-Aug-08 16:31:05

seems odd - our childminder was only licensed for the bottom floor of her house.

saltire Tue 26-Aug-08 16:33:53

There is a toilet downstairs. I never had this problem with the Care Commission, they let me register justone room upstairs, as long as I had a stairgate on the door so children couldn't go into other rooms

mumlove Tue 26-Aug-08 16:53:15

In the past I have had only 1 bedroom upstairs and all of the downstairs registered. No problems with that.
Now I have the same plus DD bedroom for school aged mindees only if she wants them up there to play.
I have a gate across the top of the stairs only.

PandaG Tue 26-Aug-08 16:57:48

similart for me...I only had downstairs plus loo registered, and had bolts at the top of the door frame on the other doors on 1st floor, and stair gate to second floor, that was all.

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 26-Aug-08 17:00:31

Completely different to me.

I am registered to use the whole house EXCEPT for the Master Bedroom (my request) and it says so on my cert.

MaureenMLove Tue 26-Aug-08 17:01:19

I didn't have DD's bedroom registered or my extension room for a while. Maybe its new rules. Sounds bloody ridiculous to me, but then that's Ofsted for you!

ThePrisoner Tue 26-Aug-08 19:57:41

I was under the impression that any room a child could potentially get into needed to be safe. If you do not want to "babyproof" every room (such as your bedroom), then you need to put an inaccessible-to-children lock on the door.

saltire Wed 27-Aug-08 10:03:44

Well I won't can get locks on the door, the DHE won't allow it. Surely stairgates top and bottom and on the bedroom door I use for them to sleep will be ok, then I can register the 1 room upstairs and the whole of the downstairs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now