Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: Tuesday Staff Room..come on in you slackers!

(12 Posts)
PinkChick Tue 26-Aug-08 09:45:01

winkgrin

Needed to get your attention, thought it would work grinwink

not working today so am sorting out my tax PROPERLY this time!blush...i have now gone back through and adjusted my daily food allowance for each full time child to £5 and increased the part timers/afterschools as well...looking at it, i WAS way underestimating, i had £90 A MONTH down for everyone !!!shockblush..so...how do i work out what i will pay again??

i earned £15'632.25, took off my wear and tear and then rest off taxable things (food/toys/utilities/outings etc) and that amount comes to £6'499.32..looks right to me (going by my records) does this looka bout right to you?? and so how do i work out what tax i will pay on £7569.70??
thankssmile

SammyK Tue 26-Aug-08 09:47:29

ello! grin

I had the hangover from hell yesterday and am only just feeling normal again. blush

We are off to museums in town this afty. Doping crafty things at the mo.

I will re read your tax Q's when my brain is at full speed PC. smile

PinkChick Tue 26-Aug-08 09:54:19

LOL, you're DOPING craft things???? LOL

LoveMyGirls Tue 26-Aug-08 09:58:00

Pc - save yourself the headache and get an accountant (Loads of people tell me its easy and not to spend the £150 BUT I like not having the responsibility of it all plus he has got me lump sums from WFTC each time so as well as paying for himself he's got me more besides!)

I have a big box of receipts I sort them into month, then date order, I go through each one and cross off things I cant claim then I enter it into spreadsheet on the pc which calculates things for me, I also enter my income everytime I get paid, then I EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT (SRY CPS) and he does the rest plus deals with WFTC.

SammyK Tue 26-Aug-08 10:05:03

Doping! shock hmm doing - honest! grin

LMG - I am curious re: WFTC, I often think we get really paltry amount considering I rarely earn enough to pay tax. hmm

Do you have to do all that spreadsheet stuff? Or can he do it? - I am tired and easily confused today! grin

PinkChick Tue 26-Aug-08 11:45:01

DONE...tadaaaaasmile

when i deducted the 10% wear and tear (d'oh!) and changed the amount i spend of each childs food to a normal amount (i had it so low, looking at it, i couldnt have fed them on that amount, dont know were i got that figure from??).. have not completed my return AND paid my bill of less than £500 smile...so the rest i have saved will moret han cover next years if i earn similar amount...or go towards christmas as i save every week, so will make that up again before next bill duesmile..SUCH relief!smile

PinkChick Tue 26-Aug-08 11:45:44

"have NOW"..not NOT...d'oh again..am v.excitedsmile

mumlove Tue 26-Aug-08 12:19:17

I am wanting the school holidays to finish, they don't go back until wed 3rd.
My DD just gets so loud when the mindees are here then when it's just her here she follows me aroud demanding things! I cannot win.

She is now wanting lunch so I had better go and make some.

LoveMyGirls Tue 26-Aug-08 12:39:40

It's always your own that are the worst behaved I find, my dd1 is driving me bonkers now blush I'm so fed up of her winding dd2 up, them hurting each other and telling tales over and over!(dd1 is 9 and dd2 s almst 3) really didnt thihk I would have these problems with such a big age gap! dd2 is in bed and dd1 has gone to watch tv for 10 mins so I can have a tiny bit of peace!

Sammy - Not sure if accountant would do spreadsheet, bet he would charge a lot more for doing that too though. Twice he's got WFTC to pay me £500 or more and I've paid him £150 not a bad deal imo, saves me a headache!

PinkChick Tue 26-Aug-08 13:24:53

lmg how has he managed to get them to pay you a lump of extra WFTC??..would be interested to find outsmile

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 26-Aug-08 16:16:40

ahh PC putting us all to shame you are ;) well done on getting it all sorted out My mate uses that accountant bloke in Scotland who will accept biscuit tins of receipts lol! Costs about £70 I think?

PinkChick Tue 26-Aug-08 20:36:36

LOL he must be mad!..it was really weighing on my mind about it, feel such relief now its done and had saved over £1100 smile..so although ill keep some of it in tax savings account, we wont have to scrimp as much over next few months up to christmas nowsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now