Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need a nanny 3 days a week. Where should I advertise?

(3 Posts)
MabelMay Tue 26-Aug-08 08:41:17

I'm a novice at this (looking for nannies, that is!). Starting a course in late September so I know I've left it a little late. I have 2 boys, aged 6 months and 2 and a half. I live in NW London.
Am I allowed to advertise here? If not, any recommendations?
Thanks!

wellbalanced Tue 26-Aug-08 09:09:06

Can advertise on nannyjob, gumtree or mayb your local newsagents, hairdressers etc Then if you're still stuck you might have to try an agency?
Dont know if can advertise on here but someone will be along to answer that im sure.
Good luck

imananny Tue 26-Aug-08 10:08:28

tbh you have left it pretty late as most of the good nannies will be in jobs, and prob have to give minium of 4 weeks notice if not 8weeks

As wellbalanced said, have a look at cvs and ads on www.gumtree.com and www.nannyjob.co.uk and also www.netmums.co.uk

you can also put your own ad up there, if you havent found anyone within the week, I would reconmend going through an agency - paying huge fees sad, but least they should be able to find you a nanny, and hopefully would have checked out her references for you

or they can find a temp for a month to cover while you look for your own mary poppins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now