Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do some CMs do the vouchers for 3 year olds? or can CMs opt out/into it?

(3 Posts)
Moomin Mon 25-Aug-08 21:23:14

I don't think our CM does and I'm just wondering why before I get in a pickle asking her about it. Is it a lot of hassle for the CM? or is it a personal preference thing?

KatyMac Mon 25-Aug-08 21:28:01

You need to be an accredited childminder providing nursery education

Before EYFS - it meant you had to provide nursery education in addition to the care that childminders provided

It is additional paperwork both in registering (it may up to a year), she needs to have an NVQ3 (or equivilent) and there is additional paperwork once she is accredited

It is additional work

Nannynick/Ayla/ThePrisoner all know more than me

& I will be interested to know whether we still need to register for accreditation now EYFS means it's alll legally required now

Moomin Mon 25-Aug-08 21:36:24

She's fully accredited/qualified as a CM but doesn't provide structured nursery education so that'll be why then.

She'll be taking dd2 to a nursery two mornings a week which the vouchers will cover, but we won't see any benefit as we still need to pay the CM to keep dd2's place open.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now