Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone with an au pair in Essex or nearby?

(8 Posts)
cluttercup Sun 24-Aug-08 20:55:19

I just wondered if there are other au pairs that our lovely newly arrived Canadian could hook up with to explore london!

Millarkie Sun 24-Aug-08 21:13:04

I'm in North Essex (border of Cambs and Herts) with a newly arrived German au pair.
Our au pair has found local au pair friends through a 'au pairs currently in the uk' facebook type website..think it's german though.

Dynamicnanny Sun 24-Aug-08 21:55:41

Where in Essex are you?

cluttercup Mon 25-Aug-08 09:01:56

The Chelmsford end! I have pointed our au pair in the direction of Facebook - thanks.

Melinda76 Mon 25-Aug-08 21:05:45

Hi I'm not an au pair but a nanny in Chelmsford and am always happy to meet new people who want to make friends. Email me if interested jennimc76@hotmail.com

cluttercup Tue 26-Aug-08 10:59:45

Thanks Melinda76 will pass those details on. I'm trying hard to encourage her to meet up with others as I think once she makes a few new friends she will start to settle in a bit. I've been an au pair myself and I know how hard it is to suddenly land in a new country, meet a new family and work out lots of new ways to do things grin

catepilarr Tue 26-Aug-08 11:23:08

http://www.au-pair-box.com/forum/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=42

its a german forum but other nationalities are on it as well.

englishspringer Mon 01-Sep-08 18:21:07

we live near Saffron Walden and we have our new aupair arriving on 13th Sept - i am sure she would love to hook up. i think someone should have a website with aupairs currently in the UK so that they can all hook up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now