Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is anyone doing a foundation degree in Early Years?

(11 Posts)
narkymum Sat 23-Aug-08 19:39:26

I hope so maybe we can support each other smile

JudgeNutmeg Sat 23-Aug-08 19:45:24

I'm about to start the second year. Are you studying full or part time?

narkymum Sat 23-Aug-08 19:50:37

I am doing first year through op, got my stuff through yesterday and now I am a bit worried if i can manage it.

narkymum Sat 23-Aug-08 19:53:32

sorry that should be ou

JudgeNutmeg Sat 23-Aug-08 20:04:30

I loved the first year and once I got into a study routine, found it do-able. What modules are you starting with and what's your story?

My course is funded by Sure-Start and I worked for Home-Start last year for my placement. There are lots of mature students on my course and we all come from different walks of life.

When did you last have to write essays?

narkymum Sun 24-Aug-08 16:24:42

I have done my NVQ3 so was next step, just a bit worried as its through open university. Also I am dyslexic but they said I will get support, being funded by early years.
Courses are E123 and E124 .

JudgeNutmeg Sun 24-Aug-08 21:42:12

There is a girl with dyslexia on my course and she uses the inspiration8 software to help her plan essays. I now use it too (free download) as it helps to 'see' where all your essay ideas are pointing towards.

My courses had different numbers but feel free to talk about them as you get into your reading. I found that the best bit of uni was the chance to discuss everything with people in the same field - do you get to have seminars (irl or online) with the OU?

ayla99 Sun 24-Aug-08 23:25:35

Did E123 last year with OU, so happy to help if I can. Doing E124 from October.

Found it a bit daunting when the pack arrived, and when I started thought it boring. But once I'd got the first TMA over with I got more confident and found it more enjoyable. Now I've got the pack for E124 I'm looking forward to make a start.

JudgeNutmeg Sun 24-Aug-08 23:36:19

What is E124 about?

narkymum Mon 25-Aug-08 10:37:29

when did you have the first tutorial I will feel better once I have seen someone real. I will download the inspiration8 thanks. I may seek you out ayla99 smile

narkymum Wed 27-Aug-08 11:31:41

ok have read through the recommended first start book, whenare you going to make a start ayla99?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now