Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Calling all CM's..... How much holiday do you take?

(9 Posts)
Tas1 Fri 22-Aug-08 21:26:26

I have been a CM for 2.5 years now. I find it very hard to have time off.

My busiest times are during the school holidays obviously, so I dont like taking time off then as I feel I am letting the parents down, yet I am unable to take my children out of school in term time for holidays.

So, for the last two years I have just taken 2 weeks off at the beginning of the summer Hols and the couple of days between xmas and new year.

This works out at about 2.5 weeks a year.

What do other CM's do about taking holidays and how much time do you take off?

AbbaFan Fri 22-Aug-08 21:34:43

I say upto 4 weeks a year, but in 6 years it's actually been 2 weeks every year.

I don't charge for my holidays, so only take time off if im going away, or the odd special day.

MindingMum Fri 22-Aug-08 21:46:17

This year i have taken 3 weeks so far and I always have the whole of December off but it's usually 1 week, a few days and the whole of December

MindingMum Fri 22-Aug-08 21:47:23

You must insist on time off Tas, however hard the parents tell you it is for them to take time off

jojo76 Fri 22-Aug-08 21:51:42

I always take 2 weeks in the summer, the bit between christmas and new year and then perhaps another week or so on top of that. Im only working part time at the moment , so get lots of time off, but i rekon over the years its averaged about four weeks off per year. You have to just take it, if it helps decide when you want it at the beginning of the year and give parents a list then no one can feel they havent had time to make other arrangements...

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 23-Aug-08 10:44:35

I take upto 4 weeks off. It's really important to recharge your batteries.

OFSTEDoutstanding Sat 23-Aug-08 11:43:05

I say I take 4 weeks a year plus close for christmas holidays. In reality I close 2 weeks taken seperately in March and October and then the other 2 weeks are spread as days off thorughout the year. I always give my parents at least 4 weeks notice of any time off I am having

jojo76 Sat 23-Aug-08 19:58:56

Yes I agree, MrsFluffle, if you don't take time off you just become totally weary of the whole thing.

mumlove Sat 23-Aug-08 20:04:47

Normally 4 weeks.
2 weeks at the beginning of summer hols (DH work has a shut down) and 2 weeks that DD is off for xmas hols.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now