Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wonderful childminders and your fountain of knowledge!!! How I do clean........

(16 Posts)
star1976 Fri 22-Aug-08 11:38:42

electric blue eyeshadow out of my daughters cream bedroom carpet? sad

My OH is going to go mental angry when he see's it!

HELP PLEASE!

Desperately trying not to shout at her in front of mindee's!!!!

Onestonetogo Fri 22-Aug-08 11:44:01

Message withdrawn

Onestonetogo Fri 22-Aug-08 11:44:32

Message withdrawn

star1976 Fri 22-Aug-08 11:46:00

My ever so helpful daughter had tried cleaning it before she told me she had done it so it is well and truly rubbed in and soaking already!!

Onestonetogo Fri 22-Aug-08 12:12:00

Message withdrawn

Onestonetogo Fri 22-Aug-08 12:14:25

Message withdrawn

MaureenMLove Fri 22-Aug-08 12:15:26

You need to use liquid soda crystals! I swear by it. No bleech, so it won't ruin the carpet. Spray, blot, sray blot until its gone. You can buy it in Wilkinsons for 99p for an everage sized stray bottle. Once you've used it, you'll never need another cleaner again!

imananny Fri 22-Aug-08 13:23:46

vanish gets rid of most things or try that oxy powder mixed with a little warm water

good luck

ps - who wears the electric blue eyeshadow grin

star1976 Fri 22-Aug-08 15:48:03

My daughter is 9 so old enough to know better really! It is her eye shadow! Carpet is only 4 months old and she isn't even aloud to eat or drink in her room cause it is all new furnishings so what on earth possessed her to get her makeup out in there I don't know!

Have tried vanish but it had no effect! Will try the liquid soda crystals though thanks.

House insurance has an excess of £250 (voluntary and was DP's ingenious idea) so not worth claiming.

Dreading DP coming home. My parents are visiting this weekend so if all else fails and i can hide it from DP till tomorrow will see if I can persuade my mum to buy her grandaughter a nice new rug!!!!!!

imananny Fri 22-Aug-08 16:15:07

bugger - vansih gets MOST things out

or move furniture about in room, maybe chest of drawers/bed can go over it - unless right in middle of room

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 22-Aug-08 16:19:50

Was going to suggest Vanish

Good luck with soda

Finges crossed

nbee84 Fri 22-Aug-08 19:36:53

It may be worth calling a professional carpet cleaning company.

We had one of those gas lift computer chairs. Son had it in the middle of the lounge spinning around on it angry and it leaked black oily spots on a cream carpet. This was at 5pm, so I called a company from the yellow pages and they came round the next morning and got the lot out - for only £20, which I thought was a bargain compared to replacing the carpet!

star1976 Fri 22-Aug-08 20:41:32

Have got some stuff trom Tesco which has got most of it out, but DP is asking what the cheimical smell is!!!!!

Stain is undeniably still there thou so going to try the soda crystals tomorrow!!!!

star1976 Sun 24-Aug-08 10:45:23

MaureenMLove you are great grin!

Got the liquid soda crystals from Wilkinson's yesterday and all is left is a slight blue tint to the carpet now, which hopefully DP won't even notice!

Going to give it another go today so may even come out altogether!

Thank you! smile

imananny Sun 24-Aug-08 11:19:48

well done maureen smile- must remember crystals for next time charge/hubby spills something!!

MaureenMLove Mon 25-Aug-08 18:34:15

Glad to be of service! smile Liquid Soda Crystals are the greatest invention and cheap too! Its not just for spills either, you can use it to clean anything and on your clothes for stains too. Its the most essential and probably the only cleaning product you need! (I don't work for them btw!grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now