Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Holidays and What Next? Advice Please

(5 Posts)
K75 Thu 21-Aug-08 22:37:04

Had agreed in contract 25 days, she will have had 40+. Seems pretty generous compared to what I am used too but doesn't seem v appreciative. Am thinking about no 2 next year and wonder how others deal with mat leave.

Thanks

jura Thu 21-Aug-08 22:52:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannynick Thu 21-Aug-08 23:03:07

If you choose to not need your nanny on more occasions than their annual leave entitlement, then there is nothing you can do about that.
If nanny has asked for more holiday than they are entitled to, then as the employer it was up to you to say NO to the additional days.

I've had a boss before who went on maternity leave. I still worked as usual, as it meant that my boss could rest as much as she wanted pending delivery, and spend lots of time with baby following delivery. The older children kept to their usual routines, and adjusted well to having a new sibling.

AtheneNoctua Fri 22-Aug-08 08:19:47

I think your options for mat leave are to either pay her as usual and let her carry on with the job, or give her notice under the terms of the contract. Of course the latter option will mean you need to recruit a new nanny when you go back to work.

But, if you are only just thinking of number 2, there's plenty of time to ponder the options.

imananny Fri 22-Aug-08 08:30:38

Assume you gave your nanny the extra 15 days (3 weeks) as you went away/wanted to take time off to spend with your child - that was your choice and therefore yes you have to pay her, though most nannies and including myself DO appreicate extra time off

BUT if your nanny took the extra 15 days, then she shouldnt be paid

regards to no 2,I have had 3 mbs on ML, including one at the moment. I get paid the same, do slightly less hours,but life goes on as normal - I have NEVER left/lost my job, though I know friends who have, then expect the nanny to go back 4/6mths later

I take children to school/nursery/activites, and prob have no 3 50% of the time as well, mb has spent a day a week having older 2 in hols, and I have just had baby, nice for all, I know my MB really appreicates having me, esp after no 3 was born,as she had to have a blood transfusion, and was very tired for few few weeks after giving birth, so I had all 3 , and took 4day baby to school,tumbletots/play dates etc

It is hard having a mb at home on ml ,but i can honestly say that as long as you have a few groundrules ie kids know what you say goes ,etc, then it will work out fine, I get on very well with my mb, and we have a laugh, and kids will play and we will have a natter etc

seems to me reading your post, that you are not 100% happy with your nanny at the moment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now