Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

MUMMY POPPINS

(31 Posts)
Dynamicnanny Thu 21-Aug-08 21:51:19

Thank you for the email

Will try and email you the outcome when it happens!! but my Yahoo account is seriously playing up and am currently doing some temp work too.

Thanks again!

jura Fri 22-Aug-08 12:12:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imananny Fri 22-Aug-08 13:21:39

i wondered that

assume MP letter would have kicked arse!!!

Dynamicnanny Fri 22-Aug-08 19:44:17

It did kick arse but unfort not my bosses am yet to hear from them - they have until Thursday as Mummy Poppins nicely told them grin before I go balistic! I left there 4 weeks ago now!

mummypoppins Tue 26-Aug-08 18:29:43

Hi DN, Have been away for the weekend. Back in work tomorrow. Will update you all then

MP

Dynamicnanny Tue 26-Aug-08 19:57:24

Hope you had a good weekend.

Still haven't been paid

mummypoppins Tue 26-Aug-08 20:07:50

dont worry we will sort it out.....

mummypoppins Wed 27-Aug-08 10:56:29

Ive had a response and it will be posted to you today. They say they will transfer some of the money to you when she gets paid this month and the rest they have included a cheque for 185 poounds.

Can you check your bank and let me know.

The letter is rude and intimates that they will not give you a good reference. They refer to including a ' subjective character reference '.

I think we will need some advice on this. Wise one squiff quoted on a thraed about nanny references a few weeks back. I will see if I can find it. Otherwise maybe flowery can help ?

I would like to acknowledge receipt of the check and warn them that we will take matters further should the reference be anything other than factual and fair.

mummypoppins Wed 27-Aug-08 10:57:07

PS she admits she had spent the money on something else !

AtheneNoctua Wed 27-Aug-08 12:23:26

What have I missed? Did MP write a letter to DN's (former) employers? How did I miss this?

mummypoppins Wed 27-Aug-08 12:34:14

yes I did. They have replied but the letter is very rude and critical fo DN which in the circs is a disgrace.

AtheneNoctua Wed 27-Aug-08 13:13:31

I'm confused. Are we talking about the people who wouldn't let her use the barbecue, then asked her to do cleaning or take a hike? I take it she went for a walk?

AtheneNoctua Wed 27-Aug-08 13:13:57

And now they won't pay her?

mummypoppins Wed 27-Aug-08 13:19:25

no that was bothered nanny. This is dynamic nanny.......did some temp work and then they wouldnt pay her

MatNanPlus Wed 27-Aug-08 13:24:23

Glad it is sort of sorted shock how dare they make that comment.

Tho have had Temp Bosses who have been petty so not bothered with Ref as job thru Agency and they knew the circs as had kept them informed on a more than once a day basis.

AN all these nanny names does make for a confuddled time sometimes

AtheneNoctua Wed 27-Aug-08 14:19:57

So many nannies. How's a girl to keep them all straight?

MatNanPlus Wed 27-Aug-08 15:34:54

Exactly AN wink

imananny Wed 27-Aug-08 18:36:21

well done mummyp for sendng the letter giving dn ex mb a kick up the arse and ex news about response of paying her, and so she bloody should!!!

But angry at her ref comment - didnt think you could give a bad ref

and OMG at that she admitted to spending the money, so it was complete bullshit about the bank cocking up/losing her money shock

we did say that the bank wouldnt make that mistake

Dynamicnanny Wed 27-Aug-08 19:29:49

Just checked account and no money as yet.

Recieved a text yesterday saying

Given the letter you sent via your solicitor I do not think we will accept. You have a reply on its way via the solicitor. Normally talking is the first step. hmm

So texting, speaking to her on the phone and email correspondence equals .... hmm

mummypoppins Wed 27-Aug-08 20:52:58

DN dont fret. She is married to a major in the Army and they all think they are something pretty special. It is a very unreal world.

My DH deals a lot with them through his own work and we often laugh about how they sink on civvy street.

You have done nothing wrong apart from providing dirt cheap child care and then having to wait for your salary. They are clearly broke which is a disgrace as either he is still on a commission so paid a fat wodge for doing sweet FA or on a juicy pension.

I wouldnt dream of treating my nanny this way and I am only sad that she doesnt feel the same way about us.....

Ho hum.

Lets get your the balance of the money and then deal with the reference issue.

Chin up

MP

Dynamicnanny Wed 27-Aug-08 21:05:37

Yes unfortunatley some of them do think they are pretty special and thankfully others are lovely including my present temp boss and ex bosses neighbour.

And yes Major's are on a good salary as are teachers which is what she does.

imananny Wed 27-Aug-08 21:06:17

how long will you leave it till you demand payment/send another letter

Mp - i am also saddened that your nanny doesnt appreicate what she has sad

botherednanny Wed 27-Aug-08 21:58:42

Oh MummyP I really, really, REALLY wish I could drive, I think we could be so happy together lol

mummypoppins Wed 27-Aug-08 22:50:15

The end of this week. Monday I will write again.

Im a hard task master bn but a very generous soul at heart. I would give the world to those who do to me but I worked damn hard to get where I am and I hate the whole world owes me a living attitude.

Hhaving said that I have had some lucky breaks on the way from people who owed me nothing and for that I am very grateful. Dont get me wrong I have taken every opportunity thrown at me but I get great pleasure out of helping others and fortunately my position now allows me to repay those favours.

My father died when I was 12 and many folk at that time were amazing. The world is one big favour bank and I will never forget.

MP

MatNanPlus Thu 28-Aug-08 11:47:24

shock this woman seems to think the world is her's.

Agree with BN hmm what has all the previous communication been except ''talking'', do you still have the texts BN i would print them off and write down a log of the phone calls, date time, durration etc as she seems to need her mind refreshed as the the length of time you have been awaiting payment after she recieved your services.

Explaining to other employers/agencies the timeline and 99% would not have an issue, my snotty one was fine with agency staff not so good with other people but changed her story so no one gave her much credit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now