Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is it cheeky to raise reduced rates for siblings with CM?

(7 Posts)
giddly Thu 21-Aug-08 18:05:23

I get on well with my childminder, and my children are very happy there. My DD1 went there for some months before being joined very part time by DD2, and now both DDs go for 2 days a week. I'm paying full rates for both of them. However, for various reasons just looked up her details on the council website and it says she give discounts for siblings. Because her having them both developed gradually, i never thoguht to ask about this, but wondered if I could / should raise it now (about 4 months after she started having them both). She doesn't look after any sibling so I can't compare. The discount would certainly come in handy as paying for two is pretty expensive.
Could I have your thoughts?

OFSTEDoutstanding Thu 21-Aug-08 18:12:43

You can always ask however if they are both taking up a space for example if they are both under 8 then she will quite possibly not offer a discount as you are taking up what could be a fully paid for space. I give discount for sibling only if over 8 and it says in my contracts that when I have the under 8 they have to pay full hourly rate. I charge £3.30 hour and £3 for the over 8 HTH

giddly Thu 21-Aug-08 18:27:18

Thansk OOS - that's incdreibly cheap! where are you? Wouldn't have thought of asking unless I'd seen it on her information page.

nannynick Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:39

The info page can be out of date... but you could try asking, never know unless you ask. However, I do wonder why a childminder would give discount.

mumlove Thu 21-Aug-08 18:37:40

She may give a discount for siblings if she has them full time ie: 5 full days a week, rather than just for a couple of days.

OFSTEDoutstanding Thu 21-Aug-08 18:42:19

Am in Norfolk and round my town that is classed as expensive by some people! There are cm round here charging £2.50 hour and the council run holiday club is 50p for a whole 8 hour day. And then people wonder why there are not many childminders left!

giddly Thu 21-Aug-08 18:45:42

Mine's £4.50 an hour! Not unusual round our way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now