Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can I just check something with you all pls??

(6 Posts)
sillybillybee Thu 21-Aug-08 12:52:22

I've been a CM for nearly 3 yrs and my reg cert says I can care for 3 children, this doesn't include my DS does it? Up to now it has never been a problem as I've only had 2 children max at the same time. I currently have 1 on the books and have received an enquiry for another 2.
Next question..... DS has just turned 8 so doesn't now count for OFSTED numbers as I understand it, do I need to inform OFSTED of this, surely they do actually know, but I know that they can get rather mixed up hmm
I don't really want to phone them as I've never got a straight answer before.
Thx

nbee84 Thu 21-Aug-08 13:06:03

If ds was under 8 he would count in your numbers but now that he is 8 you can discount him and look after 3 other children.

You never get a straight answer from Ofsted or the same answer twice grin

sillybillybee Thu 21-Aug-08 13:21:17

Thx, that's why I've avoided ringing them, I was told when I registered I'd be able to have DS plus 3 others but then the cert said 3 but I didn't clarify it as I didn't need to. It's sods law really, I'm giving up at xmas due to not much interest and therefore not making much money and now I get enquiries hmm

saz73 Thu 21-Aug-08 13:23:55

Apparently you have to write to them as my DS just start full time school and DD is nearly 9 and have been told this week to write. Letter has to say DS start full time education on ....... and DD turned 8 on ....... and to ask for a new certificate to be issued as your childminding numbers will change now. Hope this makes sense

AbbaFan Thu 21-Aug-08 13:36:35

My certificate states the number of children I can have as mindees. So it says I can have 2 under 5's (as I have my own under 5).

Yes you would write to Ofsted and tell your DS is turning 8.

sillybillybee Thu 21-Aug-08 13:46:01

Ok thx I will write to them letting them know DS no longer counts for my numbers. As long as I know I can have these extra 2 mindees, will phone them back know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now