Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

First Birthday

(4 Posts)
Dynamicnanny Wed 20-Aug-08 19:47:58

I am currently doing some work for a lovely lady and her twins.

We were discussing today that she hoped to get the children some more toys for their 1st birthday and asked what I would reccommend - toys wise so she can ask family and friends

So what things do your 1 year olds like?

ApuskiDusky Wed 20-Aug-08 19:56:43

Cars (anything with wheels), sturdy flap books, those wires on a wood block with beads to move along a la doctors surgery, cars, stacking blocks or stacking rings, and did I say cars?! (Would recommend the WOW series of toy vehicles, they're just the right size, have little people that are too big for swallowing and they move without batteries)

TJ1976 Wed 20-Aug-08 20:55:39

I agree with Apuski, Wow toys are brilliant. My son has played with the same couple of Wow toys for the last 2 yrs. If they are boys then cars will go down a treat. I didn't go too mad for my son's 1st birthday as he wasn't really into toys and would rather bash a pot with a spoon or play with tupperware. I don't think its worth splashing out too much for this age.

SammyK Wed 20-Aug-08 21:00:22

Definately cars - boys or girls.

Easy painters from ELC are great.

Water toys

Music toys

Small world toys (little people/happyland)

love one year olds smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now