Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Has any other childminder experienced this behavior/#?

(12 Posts)
lsa2 Mon 18-Aug-08 19:36:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThePrisoner Mon 18-Aug-08 21:17:29

I've had several mindees (toddlers to schoolage) who suddenly hide behind their parents as if I am the devil incarnate!

I think they don't realise I have a life outside childminding/my house - I know several teachers, and their pupils seem to think that they live in the school, so I guess it's similar to that.

Heated Mon 18-Aug-08 21:22:53

My dcs do this when they see their nursery workers out of nursery setting, it's as if it does not compute!

Heated Mon 18-Aug-08 21:22:53

My dcs do this when they see their nursery workers out of nursery setting, it's as if it does not compute!

lsa2 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:25:49

lsa2 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:31:36

vInTaGeVioLeT Mon 18-Aug-08 21:39:55

i like that description "does not compute" i've had mindees behave like that too - i guess it's normal wink but i have felt a bit hurt by it too - although i know it's silly to ! In complete contrast i have one ex-mindee who just throws herslf at me when we meet in town - sigh i miss her , such a little sweetie/devil grin

MaureenMLove Mon 18-Aug-08 21:46:24

I've had lots like that too.

My thoughts are, that a child is being loyal to it parents. They don't want to hurt the feeling of their parents, by being overly friendly with the person that looks after them, whilst m & d are at work. Am I making any sense, at all!grin

It doesnt change when they're older either! I saw a yr9 child, from the school I work at yesterday. She always passes the time of day with me at school, but yesterday, I barely got a smile, because she was with her parents!

lsa2 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:53:25

lsa2 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:57:39

Heated Mon 18-Aug-08 21:57:50

I get it too the other way as I teach teenagers and if I am feeling kindly I don't tend to acknowledge them, apart from a infintisimal nod that means I've seen you but haven't hurt your street cred.

I did however once deliberately introduce myself loudly to a pupil getting amorous with his gf in WHSmiths cos he'd been a little ** <evilgrin> He was much better behaved the following week.

vInTaGeVioLeT Mon 18-Aug-08 23:11:12

grin LOL heated that's funny!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now