Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted has the unique ability to make you feel you have the IQ of a 2 year old!

(7 Posts)
navyeyelasH Mon 18-Aug-08 19:32:02

Ok, I am registering with ofsted (as a nanny) for a family I start working for end of October.

Now I am looking at the Fees on the website and I'm totally confused! There is this one and then this one is it me or are the fees for annual membership different between the 2?

I will be working for my new family for 16 hours per week term time (2 days), 10 per week during holidays (1 day). AM I right in thinking I'd be better off registering after September when the new fee structure comes in to play? Application fee of £25 v £155 or even £110 according to second link.

HELP! So confusing, makes me feel like a dunce [grr face]

Just had another little look, is the first poage the fees for the compulsory registration and the second link for voluntary registration? hmm

TIA x

nannynick Mon 18-Aug-08 19:55:44

My renewal was £103, no idea how they came to that figure.

busymum1 Mon 18-Aug-08 20:17:04

depends on ages of children but believe this is correct for you

£25 for childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for three or more hours each day, but less than five days a week and/or less than 45 weeks a year

navyeyelasH Wed 20-Aug-08 20:52:39

Thanks both - did either of you figure out why the rates were different on each page? Very weird and can't get any sense from Ofsted on the phone. Do you know if you can make an appointment to speak to people in the flesh?

Thanks again x

busymum1 Wed 20-Aug-08 23:11:48

one is voluntary register one is compulsory depends on ages if all children are over 5 would be cheaper definitely reccommend renewing asap as price jumps soon

navyeyelasH Sun 21-Sep-08 22:52:42

OMG I really feel like poking Ofsted in the eye!

They have changed the website, can anyone find out how the hell I become an ofsted registered nanny, can I apply online and how much is it going to cost?

Their website makes no sense at all or is it just me?! blush

navyeyelasH Sun 21-Sep-08 23:02:46

Nannynick I know realise why they charged you £103 - it's the new fee for nannies you have to read the guidance notes and there is an annexe attached to the notes and the fees are on there. These fees are totally different to the fees I originally provided a link too! Bloody Ofsted!

Now I just need to figure out what has happened to the application form I had already filled out and saved hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now