Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: CRB checks less than 8-12 weeks??

(3 Posts)
Orangutan Mon 18-Aug-08 12:17:56

I’m in process of registering as a CM. Anybody out there CRB check take less than the stipulated 8-12 weeks?? Give me some hope please!!

nannynick Mon 18-Aug-08 15:38:37

Mine typically take 2 to 3 weeks. However, I haven't move house for many years now, so they only have one address to check. The more addresses you have had over the past 5 years, the longer it will take.
When you last called Ofsted, did they say that they were only waiting for the CRB check? They do many checks, CRB is just one, so if they say they are waiting for checks to come back, they could mean other checks as well as the CRB.
When the CRB check comes through, you often get your applicant copy before Ofsted get's their copy. So once you have it, give it a couple of days, and then chase Ofsted with regard to registration progress.

nbee84 Mon 18-Aug-08 18:43:01

Mine took just under 3 weeks. I have lived at 2 addresses in the last 5 years.

It only came through last week, so I am now waiting for the registration details from Ofsted (as a nanny). Anyone know how long this will take?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now