Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Monday Staff Room Wet 'n' Wild

(10 Posts)
Shoshe Mon 18-Aug-08 06:29:24

Well it is here, and I only got home from, warm sunny Spain last night!!!!

Although don't be to jealous girls, half way through the holiday, I came down with the worst cold I have had in ages and spent the rest of the time just lying on a sun bed feeling miserable, great for the tan, but not for anything else.

AND then had to fly home with swollen glands and sore ears OUCH.

But hey ho, back to work today, only have 3 mindees in so not so bad, which is just as well as its so wet here, wouldn't want all of them stuck in today.

Shoshe Mon 18-Aug-08 07:34:57

OK am I the only CM working today grin

MaureenMLove Mon 18-Aug-08 08:05:58

Yep! grin But I'm watching the Olympics for a couple of hours, so I'll sit with ya!

Bummer about being ill on holiday. Must have been hell on the plane coming home too. Good time, generally though?

You been on Facebook lately? My kitchens done. Actually is on my profile too!

tulip31 Mon 18-Aug-08 08:10:55

Morning, sorry to hear that you are ill.

I'm working today, still waiting for my 7.45 to arrive and trying to rearrange day - we were supposed to be going to Thorpe Park today so that the little mindees could play on the 'beach' while my older children went on the rides!!

MindingMum Mon 18-Aug-08 08:13:48

Hi there, not working as on two weeks holiday but thought I'd pop in anyway

Sorry to hear about your holiday Shoshe - were you able to get cold and flu stuff easily enough over there?

eleanorsmum Mon 18-Aug-08 08:37:23

morning all. just one mindee plus dd today today. planning a trip to hobbycraft today to let dd do one of their make and take sessions and mindee too if he wants (not really into anythinglike that but hey!) then off to park and picnic after (maybe in car if raining!)

can i ask quick question in here about deposits? am meeting potential parents on friday for a full time space in novemebr. think i should ask for a deposit or retainer to keep place open? if so how much is usual? i was thinking £100 a month till they start and then deduct that from first months fees. is taht normal or do you keep deposit till they leave? never had deposit with others as they all started straight away! tia.

SammyK Mon 18-Aug-08 08:40:24

I'm not working today grin good for me and ds bad for bank balance.

Shoshe - sorry you were poorly on hols, this happens to me a lot and someone told me it's due to you actually relaxing. hmm

Hi MML, Tulip and MMum smile

Tea in the pot everyone.

mumlove Mon 18-Aug-08 09:27:19

Morning everyone.

Yes it's very wet, but not working today smile .
My mum has just phoned and asked if my nieces can come to play with DD (they are staying the week with her) so madness will enter my house in about 1/2 hour! And I still need to do my tax return shock.

Hope you all have a good day.

MaureenMLove Mon 18-Aug-08 11:05:08

I feel ridiculously emotiona! One of my very first families are very possibly emirgrating to Canada. They are also neighbours, 3 doors up, so although I haven't had her kids for a number of years, I still see them.

The girl is almost 16 and I haven't had her since she was 10, but I've just looked at mums Facebook and she's got pictures of them in Canada (they are there now, checking it out) and I got quite tearful looking at the little girl all growed up and leaving me!

Soppy moo, eh?grin She was in Yr3 when I started minding her. I also had her brother from 6mths - 6yrs, but strangely, I'm not fussed about him!grin She is just such a lovely, lovely girl. My DD thinks she's wonderful and looks up to her. (they go to the same school)

Oh hum! At least I won't have to pass the time of day with her DH, who I always thought was a bit odd! grin

tulip31 Mon 18-Aug-08 14:12:14

EM, I have only ever charged a deposit once, and it was a full months fees paid in advance of the baby starting ( and no retainer charged), the deposit was to cover me for that month when the child stared if they didn't turn up or to be used as last months pay when the child left (she is still with me 5.5 yrs later!). When my eldest went to a childminder I paid her a retainer of 1/2 a months money each month until he started with her, and this allowed me to settle him in for a couple hours/days per month before he started full time.
Hope this helps in some way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now