Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ideas pls for mindees to make as pressie .........

(7 Posts)
trouble18524 Sun 17-Aug-08 21:41:07

Looking for ideas pls to have child/children make/ceate when mum/dads birthday/christmas etc comes around. I work with children 0-3years.

Ideas so far..
hand prints on plates/mugs etc
photo albums with pics of daily play etc...(great for babies)
paintings
cards
cake baking

?????

Thanks in advance.

eleanorsmum Mon 18-Aug-08 08:23:35

I do hand casts with mine, once a year though! get an ice cream tub or similar and fill 2/3 with playdough. hold lo hand out flat and push into dough press down hard and remove. then fill with plaster of paris, leave to set and peel off the dough. i then paint them silver and mount on a piece of card in a cheap frame with the glass taken out. add a printed name and date and hey presto a very professional personal gift! hth!

SammyK Mon 18-Aug-08 08:42:52

They sound lovely EM. smile

trouble18524 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:47:40

EM thats a great idea thanks for that. Great idea for grandmas too that one.

trouble18524 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:50:15

Meant to say, sorry for late reply, jst in from work.

MaureenMLove Mon 18-Aug-08 21:52:43

I used to save the lids from fabric softener bottles to make little flower pots. Shove a bit of plasicine in the bottom and then make a few flowers from funky foam or tissue paper, with pipe cleaners as a stalk. Poke them into the pot of plasicine and hey presto. Perfect for Mothers Day.

The other Mothers Day thing I do, is make bath milk. Tin of dried milk, bicarb and some essential oils. Only a few drops of oil and mix it all together. (4 dried milk to 2 bicarb.) Decorate a little bag or box to put it in.

Tas1 Thu 21-Aug-08 17:57:47

Have a look in the craft section of mumsnet, they have some great ideas.

I'm going to do one of their ideas this xmas.

Fridge Magnet - Get children to do hand or foot print, laminate and they put magnet on back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now