Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

nanny pregnant

(6 Posts)
HUCK Sat 16-Aug-08 15:41:39

hi all need to pick your brains. i started my 2 day a week job the last week of april this year and as of today i am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. i believe that i need to tell my employers by the 15th week stating when iam goping on maternity leave. it says nothing in my contract about maternity leave and it says they can guve me 1 weeks notice to leave. what if i give them the letter and then they get rid of me? also can i use up my holiday so i can go on maternity leave earlier. ta

MatNanPlus Sat 16-Aug-08 15:43:33

Did your employers know you were looking to start a family?

HUCK Sat 16-Aug-08 15:50:05

when i started the job no but because of the ages (3 in feb and 4) i cant see it being a major issue. they new my age and that i got marroed last year. the eldest starts scool this sept and the little one will start school sept 2010. the mum works from home for her brothers company.

jura Sat 16-Aug-08 16:11:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imananny Sat 16-Aug-08 17:45:18

why did you sign a contract stating a weeks notice?hmm

tech they cant sack you and replace you while you are pregnant, but they can say that they dont want you coming back with your child - but they do have to legally offer your job back to you, before getting another nanny, as it is now (ie leaving your baby to be with someone for those 2 days)

did you discuss at interview what would happen in years time,when youngest starts school?

HUCK Sat 16-Aug-08 21:02:53

thanks for all you replies. we briefly mentioned that when youngest starts school may be i could do the cleaning but we said we would discuss it nearer the time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now