Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

TGIF Staffroom (& I go on Holiday tomorrow - Yipee)

(17 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 09:57:23

So a quiet day today

Only 4 under 5

Visit from my work experience girl from earlier in the year

& I have cystitus

hennipenni Fri 15-Aug-08 10:31:00

Hya Katie, drink lots of cranberry if you can and enjoy your hols. I'm finding it very difficult today to cope with the needs of my own children against those of my mindee (mindee wants to go to park after library - my own children don't want to go) finding that I spend all my time with mindees and my own children seem to get left out, everything that we do seems to be aimed at mindees. I can't get the balance right at all with feeling guilty sad

KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 10:42:07

It is hard - I have had that more this year then ever before. Because DH is poorly DD is 'being minded' & it's hard

MaureenMLove Fri 15-Aug-08 10:45:03

Hi girls. Sorry you're both suffering in some form or another. Lots of water Katy. Would you take those powders? They taste vile, but they really do get rid, quick smart.

Henni. How old are your own children again?

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 15-Aug-08 11:12:58

Hi all

Yes, Henni, I feel that my balance betwwen DSs and mindees goes awry in the school holidays, I am lucky that my Mum can sometimes take my boys off for the day occasionally.

Katy - enjoy your hols

MO - how's the kitchen ??

DP birthday today, he is having a half day today so that we can go school shoe shopping for the boys, then off to something like TGIs for tea.

MaureenMLove Fri 15-Aug-08 11:26:15

Have a look Ju! Its done and on my profile! grin

hennipenni Fri 15-Aug-08 12:22:24

Hello ladies, my three girls are 13,10 and 7. I am finding increasingly hard to find things to do/places to go that are suitable for their ages plus mindees of 4,4 and 2.

mumlove Fri 15-Aug-08 12:30:52

Afternoon everyone smile

Mindee (hols cover) is asleep and DD is on her last day at a sports club, then I have to entertain her and mindees for the next 2 1/2 weeks until school starts. Hope the weather stays dry.

Katy - have a great holiday and hope you feel better soon.

Henni - Thats why this week I sent my DD to sports club, was only £30 for 10-3pm everyday.

MO - your new kitchen looks FAB.

Boys - Have a lovely day and happy birthday to your DP.

MaureenMLove Fri 15-Aug-08 12:32:04

Hmm, that is a tricky spread of ages. I have no good ideas in that case!grin Not that I had many for alternate ages!

It is very tricky, but you just have to make them understand you do this job, for the good of them, so that when the midnees are not there you have some money to spend on them and that you are always around for school things for them.

Could you maybe arrange a trip to the park with their school friends and parents. (Not wht the 13 yr old wants, I'm sure!) but she could tag along with her mates and then wander off on their own.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 15-Aug-08 12:45:00

Mo your kitchen is fabbo

ML - I think we are all crossing fingers for some dry days, we have been v wet this week!

Henni, I second what Mo says, that you are working for the benefit off all your family.

These summer clubs are great, but v expensive if more than one child - I am thinking of sending mine to the local scheme for one day soon but would be £50 for the day shock

DP has rung, can't leave til 4 30 sad

<<sigh>>

mumlove Fri 15-Aug-08 12:51:33

That's what I like about this sports club it's £30 for the week or £8 per day. I drop her off and go out with the mindees and then collect her on the way home.

hennipenni Fri 15-Aug-08 13:16:30

Thanks for the replys ladies. We have made the most of going out with friends and their children virtually everyday since I started back-staying out nearly all day. I did wonder if the girls were getting bored with this and offered to stay at home but they get bored and start bickering which at the moment I just can't hack. The thought of sports club is very appealing but the whole day ones are very expensive and *3 I can't afford.

I did call their bluff a couple of school holidays ago by not working which meant that we couldn't afford to do anything, so they know and realise that I have to work. I do try very hard to make sure that we do something together when the mindees have gone like swimming/pictures etc and they do go to friends to play/hang out.

At the moment they are quite happily playing with mindee grin who has refused to eat the one healthy thing out of five items in her rubbish lunch box. (Prepared by parents not me)

SammyK Fri 15-Aug-08 15:33:13

I think regardless of what work arrangements mums have - they still feel guitly!

Mindee threw some wooden bricks at dss and ds today, one hit ds on the back of his head and he cried so much he was sick! sad angry It is mindee's age but still upsetting. sad

Off to nosy at mo's kitchen now! grin

SammyK Fri 15-Aug-08 15:34:47

Ooh envy at those lovely white doors! Can tell you aren't minding anymore! grin

mumlove Fri 15-Aug-08 17:32:28

Why is the 1st week back after a holiday always hard and tiring. I am glad the weekend is here.

jillyj Fri 15-Aug-08 17:32:29

im off on hols now until school goes back. really need the rest and time with kids (15 and 12). even they get fed up, 12 year old mainly though. i keep telling her if i dont work she wouldnt be able to do all her hobbies but its difficult at that age. legoland was good, very very expensive but mindees loved it and the weather was warm and dry.
fab kitchen

KatyMac Fri 15-Aug-08 20:48:42

Work is finished & I get to start packing now

Gosh I'm tired & DD keeps bursting into tears

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now