Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is a bank holiday considered holiday for CMs?

(6 Posts)
spicemonster Wed 13-Aug-08 19:36:53

I've got a new one (and she's lovely thank you ) but it's bank holiday monday next week and rather than embarrassing her by asking, I thought I'd ask you (and I can't remember where I put the contract). I pay her for holidays, do I pay for bank hols too?

southernbelle77 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:47:02

Do you have an ncma contract? If so, there is a part on there (under the rates section) which says is fee inclusive of bank holidays. If it is checked 'yes' then no you don't have to pay, but if it is checked 'no' then you still need to pay.

This varies very much and each cm will do things differently.

spicemonster Wed 13-Aug-08 19:50:21

I think so but got no idea if it's checked or not. I'm going to have to try and find the contract aren't I?

<eyes teetering pile of paperwork>

Bum

southernbelle77 Wed 13-Aug-08 19:52:39

lol sadly so!! Or just ask her, I'm sure she won't mind!

MaureenMLove Wed 13-Aug-08 19:55:07

You're gonna have to find that contract! It's always a tricky one to answer on here. Its a personal thing with every childminder. The only way to find out is to either find that contract or ask her!

spicemonster Wed 13-Aug-08 19:57:28

I don't want to ask her. She gets really embarrassed talking about money. I will have a look for the contract and ask her as a last resort if I can't find it. Good opportunity to do some sorting out

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now