Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Please help me word an email

(30 Posts)
Dynamicnanny Wed 13-Aug-08 18:34:59

Worked as a temp nanny for a family.

Paid at the end of each month.

Left 20th July.

July pay due 30th July.

Got email 24th July saying MB has paid money into account wait for it to clear.

Checked account 8th August and realised hadn't been paid - emailed MB saying money hasn't cleared has it come out of your account.

Still haven't been paid 13th August.

Need the money.

Need to email her what shall I say?

foofi Wed 13-Aug-08 18:40:59

I would say be blunt! Something like 'I have not received the funds due to me. Kindly make the necessary arrangements immediately.'

Dynamicnanny Wed 13-Aug-08 18:52:05

She says the money has come out of her account on the 24th July and the funds are gone from her account Would it take 15 working days to clear?

SammyK Wed 13-Aug-08 18:55:11

Can your bank check on this?

They should be able to tell you how long it will take to clear. If you think it's a misunderstanding or bank error I'd say be professional but to the point - if you think otherwise I too would be blunt. Either way I would make it clear you need the money!

Twiglett Wed 13-Aug-08 18:57:30

absolutely not .. you just say

"Without Prejudice

Dear MB

I am sorry to have to inform you that as of 13 August 2008 I have not received your final payment of £xxx.

I respectfully request that you ensure that this money is paid into my bank account with immediate effect. I will expect cleared funds by Tuesday 19th August. Failing this I will accept a banker's draft or cash.

Thank you in anticipation

xxxxx"

Twiglett Wed 13-Aug-08 18:58:10

and then you take her to small claims court

Millarkie Wed 13-Aug-08 19:00:22

Had she paid you in a previous month? Do you need to ask her to check that it has gone to the correct sort code and account?

Dynamicnanny Wed 13-Aug-08 19:02:11

Ok just spoken to another nanny and will call my bank first thing and check how long things would take to clear - shhs paid me through this account before and not had any problems at all will then email her and ask her to call her bank and say what twiglett said.

Dynamicnanny Wed 13-Aug-08 19:04:02

She emailed me the bank info which is right and she has paid through it before.

MatNanPlus Wed 13-Aug-08 19:09:16

As someone who has been in this position before you need to carefully read thru you bank statements, i found a missing payment, tho late had been paid - i do online banking as away from home 90% of the time and the payment credit was on a statement all on it's own which i had missed reading blush

If you have gone thru your bank statements carefully and the details she emailed you are correct She needs to do the chasing and you need to be chasing her daily to be honest.

Dynamicnanny Wed 13-Aug-08 19:17:48

From 10th July until today 13th August the only payment into my account is 4p bank bonus or something. Then 9th June - 10th July only payments are a cheque I paid in and June's salary, oh and a 9p bonus

MatNanPlus Wed 13-Aug-08 22:24:21

Yikes DN she needs to get her bank on the case, you should be charging her interest, my contract states 10% per week or part of after the 14 day payment date has passed, been paid it to.

imananny Thu 14-Aug-08 09:06:52

tech as a temp , the family should pay you as you leave - ie cheque or cash on your last day

it sounds to me if she had forgotten/didnt want to pay you, there is no way that a bank would take that long

check your account again today, then ring your ex mb and say that funds are still not in your account, and say that you will be round tonight for a cheuq/bankersdraft

it is her problem to sort out, and tbh cant beleive you have left it this long, if i wasnt paid, i would be on the case the next day, or my mortgage wouldnt be paid

jura Thu 14-Aug-08 11:24:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummypoppins Thu 14-Aug-08 11:44:27

DN.

I am a solicitor would you like me to write a stinking letter from work for free ???

Usually see payment straight away !

imananny Thu 14-Aug-08 12:05:16

cash would be good, but depending on amount if over £300 many banks dont allow more than that out each day - but again thats not your problem, ex mb will have to go IN to a bank and get cash!!

oh go on mummyp smile

MatNanPlus Thu 14-Aug-08 13:57:30

Any luck DN , a good plan MummyPoppins

Why is it people sometimes think it is ok to pay for a service in a tardy manner?

Dynamicnanny Thu 14-Aug-08 14:45:27

Spoke to her this morning - as still no money - just recieved a text saying she has spoken to the bank and they are going to look into it - sorry for the inconvenience - so what do I do - have less than £200 in the bank and have bills etc

imananny Thu 14-Aug-08 14:56:22

it is NOT your problem that her bank has lost the money and why the bank and your ex mb sort it out, she NEEDS to pay you (again)

I think a letter from MP sounds good if she is not willing or wanting to pay you tonight

Dynamicnanny Thu 14-Aug-08 15:01:11

Oh and meant to say it wasn't meant as a tempjob took it as a full time permanant position but they decided to seek alternative childcare due to costs effectivley making me redundant - so look at it as a temp position.

SammyK Thu 14-Aug-08 15:10:48

Ah so they have messed you about hiring you then letting you go due to costs. Sorry but I think she is trying it on. hmm angry

I would take MP up on her offer of a letter. She needs to pay you immediately and then sort out the issue with her bank.

poppy34 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:55:34

agree with sammyk... get MP to write her letter

Dynamicnanny Thu 14-Aug-08 18:01:59

Mummy Poppins can you do that letter for me Thank you

MatNanPlus Thu 14-Aug-08 18:13:41

angry for you DN she really is taking the pi$$.

The bank can cancel the payment, i suspect a digit has been missentered and it is in someone else account but the bank can trace it and recover it, but in the mean time you need immediate payment angry she hasn't offered this, hmm am starting to doubt it has actually been paid by her to be honest.

imananny Thu 14-Aug-08 18:21:09

go mummyp go

agree bank can trace any payment, and double check that it has gone to right account

does sound as if she doesmt want to pay angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now