Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs, would this annoy you?

(12 Posts)
fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 17:20:46

DD usually has 'second breakfast' of weetabix or porridge at about 9.30am. I'm back at work in three weeks, and she'll be with the (new, lovely I think) childminder by that time each morning. Is it unfair to ask the CM to give her an 'extra' meal in the day?

(I'm not proposing to send her in her pyjamas or anything weird like that - although now I come to think of it, what other enormous faux pas should I be aiming to avoid?)

busymum1 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:30:42

depends on cm some I mind for eat about this time so would not be major bother to me all you can do is ask

KatyMac Tue 12-Aug-08 18:08:06

Quite normal for an under 1 (or just over?) but I would start to bring her meals into line over 3 or 4 months

We have snack at 10 - so breakfast at 9.30 might be a bit much

KatyMac Tue 12-Aug-08 18:11:03

Meant to say - I'd only move it gently if you agreed - if you wanted her to have weetabix instead of snack - that would be fine too

MaureenMLove Tue 12-Aug-08 18:13:08

The only faux pas you need to avoid, is not talking to your CM! When I was minding, I would do my best to accommodate anything a parent asked, but if they just assumed, I wasn't quite so happy.

I always used to do second breakfast after school run. 9.30 may be a little late, if your CM has plans to go to playgroups or clubs.

HeadFairy Tue 12-Aug-08 18:18:49

I'd agree with Maureen, talking with your cm is the most important thing. Have a chat and see what she says, she may say she's happy to carry this on, or she may say it's better for her to change your routine slightly to fit in better with her routine. Does she have many other children? My cm gradually changed my ds' long nap from 10am before lunch to 1pm after lunch because that's what she does with all the other children, it was no bother to him and it helps her to have all the children to take their naps at the same time, so they're all awake at the same time if she wants to take them to the park or something. I think the same thing may apply for meals.

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 12-Aug-08 18:20:16

Second breakfast is always v popular here smile

fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:04:18

Good, at least I won't feel completely outlandish raising it, then if it's going to be a pain for the CM I've got time to shift it before the time comes. Thanks!

fleacircus Tue 12-Aug-08 19:05:04

Under 1 - 8mths on 1st September.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 12-Aug-08 19:06:59

we have snacks at 9.45 - 10am ish ( when not out that is) so it wouldn't be a problem, why not try moving it forward by a few mins each day till it gets in line with the CM routine for morning snacks?

I'd have no prob if a child wanted more cereal instead of our normal cheese/oatcake/fruit snacks.
And as for PJ's - completely acceptable! I got one mindee in his sleeping baggie still!

PinkChick Wed 13-Aug-08 08:48:10

maybe you could offer to supply something extra or just speak to her about snacks and let her know your LO usually has one at 9.30, i doubt shel have prob with this, even if theyre out, she could always take some finger foods, chopped up fruit etc..but YES definatly speak to her, always the best waysmile

PinkChick Wed 13-Aug-08 08:49:52

oh and i have had indees who arrived at 6.30 in morn, so i got them ready and stayed till 8pm at night, i got them back into pj's..again if this si something you may need, just speak to her..i still do it now for one little mindee who travels to grandparents every weekend (long drive) so i get her ready for bed, with nice cup of milk, dad picks up and she falls asleep in carsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now