Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What do 6 month old's like to play with?

(7 Posts)
PinkChick Tue 12-Aug-08 12:10:18

have mindee coming for settling in session shortley, have got out the soft balls, lots of the little people and animals, some soft books..so what else?
when she comes properly end of next month i will have by then bought some new toys/equiptment for her, but as i cant splurge just yet, i want to make sure she has fun??

She's very strong, sitting up and looks more like 8-9 months old, so will be able to join in to some extent!

FrannyandZooey Tue 12-Aug-08 12:13:33

treasure baskets
google or search on here for more info

PinkChick Tue 12-Aug-08 12:28:23

am not able to go out and buy something for today, just hopeing i have enough in now to keep LO entertained for few hourssmile

PinkChick Tue 12-Aug-08 14:58:48

awsmile, we played with the play food, little people animals, musical instruments (plastic rattles etc) and most of all the soft balls and wooden spoonssmile..she laughed the full hour and then 5 mins before mum due snugled down in my arms and fell asleepsmile..blesssmile

nannynick Tue 12-Aug-08 18:45:06

6 month old I care for likes playing with plastic cups, spoons, his bottle top, anything like that. Likes anything that makes a noise when he touches it.

As you found, toys don't have to be costly - they like simple things like balls and wooden spoons at this age.

Sounds like the visit went well.

PinkChick Tue 12-Aug-08 19:56:41

thanks Nick, yes it did, mum has all contracts and is v.happy as hasnt left her little one much before, so am really pleased she chose me, just no paperwork yet thohmm..so am leaving myself wide open here i guess??hmm

PinkChick Wed 13-Aug-08 08:56:13

HI F&Z, just saw your older thread, didnt realise you made your own treasure basketsblushsmile..am off to scout around house for such things you describesmile..am sure the 1yr, 3yr, 5 yr and 5yr dd will like this too, they can help me get them all together..but someone mentioned metal whisk, would that be too sharp??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now