Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone looking for an Au Pair?

(6 Posts)
syrup Mon 11-Aug-08 19:40:24

Hi
I haven't posted here for ages mainly because I have been completeing a PGCE however I was around quite alot about 2 years ago. Back then I was embarking on my first foray into "Au Pairdom" and found a fabulous Romanian girl who came for 6 months and stayed for two years.grin
We now have no need for live in childcare and my lovely AP has returned home to start university. She has recently emailed me to say she has a good friend who is looking for a nice family in the UK she is ready to start ASAP. Now I haven't met her however my AP knows her very well and says she is a lovely girl. Therefore if anyone is a bit fed up with hunting through the various agencies drop me a line on this thread and I will forward her email address.
Syrup

nannynick Mon 11-Aug-08 20:21:36

Assuming the friend is also Romanian, they will need to complete BR3 paperwork for immigration (seems to limit them to working 5 hours per day, 5 days per week). But luckily they are not affected by Tier 5.
Hope that is of help for anyone wanting a Romanian Au-Pair.

MizZan Tue 12-Aug-08 02:06:43

hi Syrup - we could be interested - thought we had found one but she seems to have gone AWOL (purely in an online sense...). we are in Cambridge, and have had au pairs before so are experienced with the whole set up etc. if you'd like to send me some more details my address is amrehak at yahoo dot com. thanks!

syrup Tue 12-Aug-08 09:35:46

Hi Mizzan...you have mailsmile I have sent you her direct email as I know very little about her except that she is "a lovely girl" and a good friend of my AP. All the best.

Snoots Tue 12-Aug-08 15:46:38

I would be interested too. Can you mail me?

syrup Tue 12-Aug-08 16:56:06

Snoots, her email is lupascu_dadiana at yahoo dot com ( all the usual symbols etc) good luck
syrup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now