Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Policy Help

(3 Posts)
fayeso Mon 11-Aug-08 17:15:50

Someone please help me!!! I am so confused...........am i correct in thinking that as a childminder I no longer need an Equal opportunites and safegauding children(child protection) policy.I just need to be familiar with the procedures to follow?

Also what about a complaints policy?do i just need to tell parents about the complaints procedure?

If anyone has the time could you do me a list of what i must have?

ayla99 Tue 12-Aug-08 14:39:48

My understanding is that childminders do not HAVE to have written policies under EYFS. But I think its better to have the policies in writing - when Ofsted visit they will need to see how you meet the requirements of EYFS. Having policies & procedures in writing means there is less to explain & remember at inspection time!

Have a look at www.bromleycma.org.uk There are loads of basic policies you can adapt. This is one suggested starting list:

Sickness/Exclusion Policy
Behaviour Policy
Emergency Procedure
Missing Child
Uncollected Child
Equal Opps
Safeguarding Children
Contact/Touch Policy
Complaints Procedure

fayeso Tue 12-Aug-08 16:13:00

Hi

Thanks for that-as far as I can see in the statutory framework book you definately do not need a safeguarding children policy and a equal opps policy it states this on one of the pages(for childminders this is), but you need the others...

Anyone elso got their head around it yet!!!???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now