Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

If you care for a 19 month old (or close in age).....

(5 Posts)
SammyK Mon 11-Aug-08 16:26:32

what are they into, what toys/ games / books etc do they like best?

Just lloking for ideas as I hopefully have a new mindee of this age starting in september. smile

Dynamicnanny Mon 11-Aug-08 16:34:32

We love

Physical Play - building blocks, duplo, ride along cars, slide, seesaw, push and pull toys, ball pool,

Emotional play - dressing up, dolls and prams, kitchen and utensils, treasure basket,

Intellectual Play - happy land, farm, cars, any type of books usually ones with repetition or songs (love the busy baby series)

Language - telephones, puppets,

Social - click clack catterpillar and ball run.

SammyK Mon 11-Aug-08 16:37:34

Thanks Dynamicnannny I have almost everything that you mention so that's a relief.

I haven't heard of the busy baby series before so will look into them thanks. smile

solo Mon 11-Aug-08 16:42:03

My 19mo loves books of In the Night Garden...she likes pulling them apart too.
Loves ride alongs and singing. Her favourite toys are my Ds's toy cars and his old Thomas the Tank trains. She also likes watching the TV which she's had to do a lot of since we've had a field mouse running around angry. Can't let her on the floor for fear of mouse pee/poo(which would go straight in her mouth), but normally, she's playing with all kinds of toys...and boxes hmm

Dynamicnanny Mon 11-Aug-08 16:51:46

busy babies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now