Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

When do parents search (the internet) for Childminders?

(8 Posts)
nannynick Sun 10-Aug-08 17:19:27

Have you ever wondered what time of year most searches are done for childminders?

Well, Google may have some answers. But it is only showing the general trend, and only represents searches on the Google network.

However, Google Search Insight- Keyword: Childminders does give an interesting graph.
Peeks can be clearly seen in Sepember 2004, 2005 and 2006. Peak is less noticeable in September 2007 as there was a peak in January 2007.

What is the worst time of year. The chart shows that December has the lowest search figure.

So how does this help you? Well by knowing which months are most popular for internet searches, it can help you to know when to put extra resources into marketing to fill your vacancies.

The chart shows that September is the busy month, which is probably due to children starting school. While you may have thought that parents would look for childcare before their child started school, the search figures for July and Aug are pretty flat, so it seems as though while some parents search in the summer, quite a lot leave it till September.

So it's not too late to update your CIS listing, revamp your website.

eleanorsmum Sun 10-Aug-08 17:20:33

note to self - must get a website! nick - where do i start?

HappyChildminderBerkshire Sun 10-Aug-08 17:22:05

Wow that is so interesting, thanks Nick. It is good to know that a busy time of year is coming, thank goodness!!!

nannynick Sun 10-Aug-08 17:33:59

Google Search Insight - Keyword: Mumsnet - peek was in August 2006 (those of you who were around then, will know why!)

Websites: Your initial choice I feel is to either have a free website with advertising that you cannot control, or to invest in your own website. Personally I go with the latter, but it does cost. Typically £10 for a domain name (valid 2 years) and around £20-£30 for website hosting (valid for 1 year).
Initially see if your current internet connection provider provides free webspace.
CIS will include a link to your website on your ChildcareLink info page, on request.

navyeyelasH Sun 10-Aug-08 19:26:16

Eleanorsmum - I am currently doing a website for a maternity nanny that uses netmums for a very very very very good rate!

Email me on imhayley@gmail.com and I can show you example of websites I have done / if you'd rather I can give you advice on how to do a website yourself! grin

navyeyelasH Sun 10-Aug-08 21:15:22

PS. Nannynick you are such a fountain of knowledge! Thanks very much for this and the other info you posted a few days ago xx

JenniPenni Sun 10-Aug-08 23:35:46

freewebs has some nice templates to create your own free website.

navyeyelasH Mon 11-Aug-08 21:16:59

That's a great site JenniPenni - do you know what their hosting is like by any chance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now