Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - Pet Policy

(4 Posts)
looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 13:49:41

Hello again

One thing I never had was a Pet Policy for my cat. Anyone fancy sharing theirs? If so, please email me - info at helenslittleangels dot co dot uk. I know this may seem really lazy of me but with a 7 week old who is very needy, a 5 yr old nagging lots due to long school holidays and me trying to get to grips with EYFS before I start back in 3 weeks shock, I need all the help I can get wink. And that's without the state of the house to sort!!!

I'm presuming I don't need one for our new goldfish? Or maybe I should explain how I'll make sure no children will drown etc! winkgrin

TIA

nannynick Sun 10-Aug-08 14:12:59

How about have one that covers all pets.

Pet Policy

Children can learn a lot from having contact with animals, however procedures must be followed to ensure children's (and indeed the pets) safety.

Children are encouraged to treat all animals with respect.
Children are taught how to handle pets correctly.
Children wash their hands after any contact with animals and understand the reason for this.
Children are taught that not all animals are child friendly, that they should always seek the pet owner's permission before going too near or touching the animal.
Food for the pet is stored out of children's reach.
Garden Checks: garden checked every morning to ensure that no animal has fouled it.

hennipenni Sun 10-Aug-08 15:24:09

NN is similar to mine but also includes regular worming/de-fleaing/(could include immunisations, ours isn't immunised anymore for various reasons).

And also mine includes things like helping to feed, etc. We have cat's, hamster,fish and giant african land snails - the one policy covers all of them. HTH

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 17:31:09

That's great, many thanks to both of you I'll have a go at putting something together later, cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now