Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - Complaints File......

(29 Posts)
looneytune Sat 09-Aug-08 19:30:14

Hi everyone

Just going through policies and stuff before I get back to work on 1st Sept and wondered if you could let me know what you have in your complaints folder? I'm just checking I have everything as it should be

TIA

Love2bake Sat 09-Aug-08 19:33:02

I only have a complaint procedure which I give to parents, along with the rest of the paperwork!

looneytune Sat 09-Aug-08 19:39:32

Oh right, you might want to set a folder up before your next inspection then wink

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 09-Aug-08 19:43:52

No complaints folder here either, just my policy. It's never been mentioned that I should have one, so I don't grin

PinkChick Sat 09-Aug-08 19:53:37

Hiya Loony, i was advised to have a little (plastic press stud closing one) folder with Complaints File emblazoned across it, inside have your complaints procedure(as well as in your policies) and any comlpaints..if you havent got any which im sure you havent, then say exactly that but the folder shows you havea procedure in place to deal with things if they occursmile..my inspector commented on mine(it was dont the day before she got ehrewink)smile

looneytune Sat 09-Aug-08 20:29:16

MrsFluffle - can't remember when but at some point they decided that a policy wasn't enough! Stupid I know.

Pinkchick - thanks for that. Oh....and blush I DO have a complaint but totally resolved and Ofsted apologised.....you may remember, I was set up by them after the big thread I started about their inconsistencies and then the Facebook 'fed up with ofsted' group grin

PinkChick Sat 09-Aug-08 22:15:00

oh yeah i do!smile..wel make usre its in along with the resolutionsmile

Love2bake Sat 09-Aug-08 23:00:32

I had my inspection in March this year. At the time I didn't even know I was supposed to have a procedure blush

Therefore my recomendation was that I put a procedure together, the inspector did not mention anything about a folder.

SammyK Sun 10-Aug-08 09:05:26

I have mine in a little file with COMMENTS AND COMPLAINTS on it. It has my policy in, the paperwork from Ofsted website, and a false complaint I had from a parent angry - Ofsted cleared me and said nothing wrong, no changes needed but still hmm and angry that I have it stuck in my file!

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 12:08:15

Love2bake - ah but Ofsted are like this, down to the individual inspector wink I'd just rather do what they say we should do in case they check for it

SammyK - sorry you've also got a false complaint on file angry What paperwork do you mean from the Ofsted website?

Also, anyone in SOUTH EAST who can confirm I have the correct address down?

Thanks

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 20:01:57

Bumpity bump

southernbelle77 Sun 10-Aug-08 20:13:23

Correct address for what Looney? Ofsted?

I didn't have a complaints folder so will make one know I've seen this!

SammyK Sun 10-Aug-08 20:20:00

LT - From the Ofsted website you can print out information about the complaints procedure (4 pages!), and also provider complaints record sheets.

I am sure that it was someone on here that pointed me in the direction of them, sure they will be along soon. smile

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 20:23:44

Sbelle - in our procedures we're supposed to give the address for complaints for our region I think

Sammyk - thanks, I remember now you've said wink

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 20:27:01

Don't worry about the address, I've seen online and it's a Manchester address so mine must be old.

southernbelle77 Sun 10-Aug-08 20:29:21

I've got the regional address in my policies for complaints. Is that wrong now then??

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 20:29:22

Can't find the 4 page thing with forms though? hmm

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 20:29:58

Not sure Belle, I just saw what was online in the section for parents wanting to make complaints about childcare provider

eleanorsmum Sun 10-Aug-08 20:34:30

hi looney! i'm just back from hols and catching up on the gos! i have the manchester address on mine. didn't have a file though just a policy which was fine at my inspection just recently! also have pet policy you're looking for. will email it to you hun.

hows little ones colic now? do you fancy meeting up again soon? it'd be nice for dd and your ds to meet maybe? had good hols and mad day today (dd's 4th birthday!) lots of visitors! back to work tom but with the added fun of an interview for EYPS at reading uni!

southernbelle77 Sun 10-Aug-08 20:35:10

I've found something but it's 7 pages long!

It's here - is that right?!

looneytune Sun 10-Aug-08 20:54:44

SBelle - that's the one I have open but don't think it's what Sammy was talking about as there should be forms with it?

Hi EllieM - how was the holiday? Hope it helped you unwind after everything you've had going on! Thanks about address, will update it to have Manchester one. I MUST have a complaints folder as this was mentioned as I'll have to put my FALSE complaint in there and we're supposed to have one and just show 'none recorded' if that's the case. BUT, as we know, each inspector has their own priorities wink The pet policy would be great As for baby, looks like it's Silent Reflux which explains a lot. GP said we could have Infant Gaviscon but as we're already seeing Cranial Osteopath atm, she recommended we hold off as they can help and may be no need for medicine so fingers crossed. He's improving bit by bit, unfortunately tonight is a bad night but since his last treatment he definitely has improved.

Yes, would love to get together again (I have a new inner tube for my pram now wink) I'm busy this week as I'm going up north to visit family with my boys, the week after we're off camping but the last week of August I'm free if that's any good? Then the following Monday all my other little people come back!! shock

Sounds like you've been busy!!

mumlove Sun 10-Aug-08 21:20:55

You need the book with the forms in the back It's number is HMI 2573. From september 2005.
I cannot find it on the Ofsted site at the moment but will see if mine will link on here.

mumlove Sun 10-Aug-08 21:28:01

Sorry it was October 2005.

SammyK Sun 10-Aug-08 21:32:34

This here is the form on page 15 I think, can't find the other bit though, will dig mine out and have a proper look at it.

mumlove Sun 10-Aug-08 21:33:28

Looney - I have emailed the forms to you hopefully smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now