Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tax Credits - how long did you have to wait to be a paid?!

(8 Posts)
kangel Fri 08-Aug-08 09:35:28

I have been looking after a child for 3 months and everytime I chase the parents for money they say they are still waiting for the credit to come through. They told me that they have been awarded it but it is still being processed.

I wanted to get the feel of how long other people have had to wait for payments?

I am really starting to struggle with paying bills and am now overdrawn because of this. I can't afford not to be paid but also can't afford not to have this child on my books.

coolj Fri 08-Aug-08 10:13:58

I applied for it years ago and they sorted it out there and then on the phone. Got paid the higher amount that week.smile

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 08-Aug-08 10:26:33

My friend had it sorted over the phone, but other people who apply in paper form have seen them take a good few weeks, think 11 was he longest I have heard of. If they are saying it has been approved, then I would imagine it shouldn't take much longer than a week for them to start paying out?

I do understand what you mean there Kangel! No point giving notice is there as then you wouldn't get your money most likely be a small claims job thenangry
Are they both working? Could you say they have to pay a portion until it's sorted? Refuse to care any longer until the balance is paid? Call their bluff if you think they are lying by saying YOU will contact TC yourself wink ok we both know you can't but do they?

kangel Fri 08-Aug-08 10:35:28

I had thought about saying I would contact them to see their reaction!!

Both parents are working but live apart. They have their own cafe and work together. I have been paid some of it but in dribs and drabs which really isn't helping with the big bills.

They told me about 3/4 weeks ago that they had been awarded it but have done it via paper format.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 08-Aug-08 10:37:09

Strange arrangement. Is Mother claiming as a single parent then? If it was awarded that long ago I would say they should have had it by now and very possibly stringing you along. Time to put your foot down methinks, and if they go they go, but take them to court ( and if they leave, report them to TC too)

kangel Fri 08-Aug-08 10:42:11

Yes, I think she is claiming as a sngle parent. I had thought that they may be stringing me along which is why I wanted the feel of how long others had to wait. I also thought that if they had been accepted then it wouldn't take much longer.

This part of the job really gets me down! sad

kangel Tue 12-Aug-08 21:50:59

Hi,

So I talked to the mother on Friday and told her that I need to be paid thats owed to me on Wednesday when her child is back with, she told me she was just waiting for 2 cheques to clear. She then proceeds to tell me that she was going for a night out with her friend!

Tonight I get a text message saying she wont be coming to me tomorrow beacuse she (her mum) is going to spend the day with her as the childs dad is taking her to France and wont be back till the 1st Sept.

She then went onto to say that she is borrowing the money from a friend who is going to transfer the money to me from her credit card so may take a few days!!

OK

1. you can't transfer money from a credit card.

2. what happened to the 2 cheques waiting to clear

AND

3...why the hell are they having a holiday in France if they cannot afford to pay me!!! Now the dad knows they owe money because he is always picking her up and asks how much all the time.

I really have just been taken for a huge ride!!!! angry

kangel Tue 12-Aug-08 22:01:25

can you tell I am angry! Look at the spelling!!! LOL!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now