Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB: A nice calm Friday Staffroom

(28 Posts)
PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 09:10:27

just one mindee and dd today, hes staying for tea as mam having rare night out so i said id sort that out then she just needs to drop him at families to babysit..same LO who burst into tears last night as mam stood at door saying I just pushed him!!!!!!!shock..thank god mum was there!..just said to her i was mortified when he said it and didnt know what to say, if i protested too much it looke dbad, if i didnt it looked bad!..i just said if theres any doubt in your mind i havent and would NEVER push x or any other LO!..this morn she just laughed it off, she was stood at door when he said it thank goodness so she knew nothing DID happen, but this LO has an overly active imaginationhmm and often tells me wild stories that i KNOW are not true, so is a bit of a concern if he may start to say things like thishmm???

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 08-Aug-08 10:33:42

Morning Pink hmm at your mindee! At least mum seems to know what he is like eh?

Nice quiet day for me too, only have 2 mindees for the afternoon

SammyK Fri 08-Aug-08 10:56:36

I have quiet day too, PP who was meant to be coming today has said will come next week some time. hmm

PinkChick shock that mindee said that! Is mindee at that age I had a mindee who used tell wild tales aged about 4-5, has now grown out of it! grin

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 11:17:48

Morning girls. I have a dd who used to tell wild tales at that age too! Although they weren't bad tales, like that. She once told me a big long involved story about how they had been into the Dell at school, to look at the pond and she saw newts and frogs and it was muddy. I saw her reception teacher that same evening and she told me they'd never been in the Dell!grin

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 11:26:38

he's 3 going on 4, he tells me he went to funpark before he came to me on the morning(8.30am)hmm, that he's going on holiday with mum and dad(seperated-dad has new partner), that mum bought an aeroplane to go to shops insmile..that kind of thing..have just brushed over it with him and said you know you musnt say things like that that arn't true..cos father christmas is listening and he doesnt like children who say things that arn't true hmmsmile..how else can i get it across, thats the best i could come up with smile

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 11:43:48

There's a childrens book about telling lies. Not The Boy Who Cried Wolf, I think that's a bit too old for him, but I'm sure there's a more toddler friendly one. I'll give it some thought!

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 11:46:02

thanks Mo, i think that kind of thing would help[smlie]

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 11:46:22

Don't hold your breath, but I think I might actually be able to used my dishwasher and washing machine within the next hour or two! grin I better go and buy some washing powder!

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 11:49:51

LOL

we had builder round last night re ours and the massive probs with him/extra costs etc..wasnt looking forward to it, but by time he went we had, had the plasterers labour charges scrapped, our window fitted for free, all the other jobs to be finished agreeed and am expecting call of date today plus other things like chipped floor tiles(2 of them £10 eACH!) TO BE REPLACED BY HIM AND TRUNKING PUT ON WIRING UNDER UNITS WHICH I THOUGHT LOOKED SHODDY..WISH WE'D DONE..oops cap!..this from the start!...sigh!

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 13:39:02

<<sits, patiently on a pile of dirty washing>> I'll keep my mouth shut in future!

SammyK Fri 08-Aug-08 14:07:23

I don't think my heart is in this anymore, just done a letterbox drop, more to do tomorrow, and my heart just wasn't in it. sad

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 14:19:27

Aw Sammy! (I feel rather proud of your new name!grin)

What's the alternative? Is DS full time school yet? Lets have a brain storm for an alternative.

southernbelle77 Fri 08-Aug-08 14:23:48

Hi all

I'm having my hardest day minding since I started. 4 under 3's is something I am NOT doing again! I'm shattered. Thankfully only two left now but it's been VERY hard work. Thank god it's Friday!

Sorry for the problems you are all having with washing machines / builders / cming

Hope we all have a good weekend!

SammyK Fri 08-Aug-08 14:25:48

Yes thanks MML suits me! {twirls} grin

No I am stuck really. sad DS will have until July 09 doing mornings at preschools and DPO works a shift pattern. Also still not finished NVQ3. hmm

I just don't know what to do, I have applied for weekend work at asda as I can't pay my bills. sad

SammyK Fri 08-Aug-08 14:27:11

Blimey SB! grin Did they all get on? grin
I like a pack of kids rather than one or two - much more fun, but they are tiring yep!

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 14:54:43

So, are you just not wanting to do CMing anymore or is it because you just can't get enough work?

MaureenMLove Fri 08-Aug-08 14:57:16

How are you doing SB? I haven' talked to you for ages!

I have a bit of time on my hands, whilst I wait for the kitchen fitter to leave the building! He's got a worktop bin to fit, a couple of kick boards and a bit of sanding, then the clean up begins!

southernbelle77 Fri 08-Aug-08 14:59:59

Ummmm, not sure they all got on! dd and mindee wound each other up this morning something chronic! Was rather grateful when mil came to collect dd and take her away blush Will of course be pleased to see her later

Had one who was just here for settling in so not here too long but was hard work as wanted me ALL the time here! Then other mindee got a bit jealous but it was ok as we all sat on the floor and played cars and megablocks!

SammyK Fri 08-Aug-08 19:15:44

It's the unreliability of it I am fed up of, but I have been mulling it over and the more I think of quitting the more I realise I get this huge sense of relief. sad blush

I love cm'ing but I think I am ready for something new, I am losing my enthusiasm and that's notfair on anyone - it's not showing in my work yet but I am sure it will eventually.

My circumstances don't allow much freedom of choice ATM tho. hmm

KatyMac Fri 08-Aug-08 22:54:22

Sorry you aren't enamoured with CM atm Sammy

I find I'm fickle sometimes I enjoy it but sometimes I don't

Tho' atm I am loving it as DD is being a little star see here

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 09-Aug-08 11:38:42

wow Katy - sometimes our kids surprise us,eh?

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 09-Aug-08 11:40:46

how old is she?
make the most of it now grin

hormonal girls are hell on earth shock but then you come through the other side and they are lovely again grin

KatyMac Sat 09-Aug-08 11:49:19

10 & a half

She is at Guide camp - he went yesterday PM - I had such a hard afternoon

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 09-Aug-08 14:19:22

oh dear - are you working alone now?

KatyMac Sat 09-Aug-08 14:51:09

No I have help - but 6 under 5 is very hard esp when cooking is being done sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now