Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

wot no thursday staffroom?

(21 Posts)
vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 12:25:09

hello everyone smile

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 12:26:04

i'm excited <<jumps up and down>> grin

SammyK Thu 07-Aug-08 12:29:03

hello I'm here - go on then tell me why you are excited you know you want to! grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 12:30:45

hi sammyK - i got a new mindee !!

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 12:32:29

a very cute baby - hurray and phew i was getting worried for a minute there - just need to find another now to make the money worthwhile.

SammyK Thu 07-Aug-08 12:35:41

YAY!! That's great news vi! smile smile

Glad things are back on the up for you. When does baby start? smile

PinkChick Thu 07-Aug-08 13:00:03

That Fab Vismile..well done!

i got email from mum of soon to be baby mindee saying awork have not given her, her hours yet so she didnt see point in bringing paperwork back yet as she knows all she neds too just down to hours..hope so!!hmm..fingers crossed...also got mindee today who gave notice last week, she said to dd that its her last day today!?<,she has 5 more weeks of notice to complete> but mum is off work from end of this week, so not sure if thats what she means, as mindee was not down to come for the next few weeks..however, she then said she is coming so mum could do a bit of shopping etc while shes offhmm...thats fine, but shes not booked in after today, so hmm
also found out this 'other' place she was going to start going to ...she has ALREADY STARTED 2 weeks ago!!!hmmangry..why do people feel the need to lie..and too my face!??..i was racking my brains ttrying to help them, even when i meant me undercutting myself by £65 a week!..i must have shmuck written on my forheadsad

well, off to little park now to get babies to sleep and older ones and dd some fresh air as rain stopped..for nowhmm..see y'all later

SammyK Thu 07-Aug-08 13:26:55

Pink chick - can't believe thye had already started elsewhere when you offered lower rates to them! angry Make sure mum knows her remianing pay dates and amounts on pick up today - sounds like they may do a vanishing act. hmm

Hope your new hours/mindee get sorted soon.

I have a possible mindee starting sept but trying not to get overly hopeful - am getting realistic now, been let down at the last min too many times.

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 14:10:36

newbie starts sometime next month smile
not signed contacts yet but have taken small deposit, so feel confident it's a definate thing grin

ahhhhh i love babies smile

so i finish with mindee4 next week
and mindees1&2 first week of september
then have a week or so off {grin} unpaid sad but it's great timing as i think ds is gonna kick off about going back to school.

so fingers crossed i will find someone else to fit in with new babies hours and everything will be great again.

SammyK Thu 07-Aug-08 15:18:17

See my possible new mindee (also sept start)is coming Friday and I don't know what to do about a deposit. May explain either deposit, retainer, or risk it. Can I be nosy and ask how much your deposit what u charged?

How old is your ds vi? DS definately not gonna be happy to go back!

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 16:00:34

hi sammyK - as i'm hardly turning people away at the moment i decided too just ask for a £50 deposit {taken off first weeks fee} - really it was just so i was sure they were coming and i wasn't in danger of turning possible mindee's away{dream on vV}, there is no way they could've afforded a retainer.

my ds is 3.8yrs and has started being rather clingy and worried about me leaving him sad but i'm sure he'll quickly get back in the swing of things.

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 16:00:37

hi sammyK - as i'm hardly turning people away at the moment i decided too just ask for a £50 deposit {taken off first weeks fee} - really it was just so i was sure they were coming and i wasn't in danger of turning possible mindee's away{dream on vV}, there is no way they could've afforded a retainer.

my ds is 3.8yrs and has started being rather clingy and worried about me leaving him sad but i'm sure he'll quickly get back in the swing of things.

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 16:01:06

oooops !

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 07-Aug-08 17:03:19

Can I join the new mindee club?! I think I have one for a Sept start grin

Pinkchick - thats a disgusting way to treat you, well off out of it! angry

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 17:27:31

yipee grin isn't it a relief getting newbies?

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 07-Aug-08 18:21:23

oh yesh, but although it's someone I know already I am not going to count my chickens till the ink is drying on that contract! Been burnt too many times now angry

PinkChick Thu 07-Aug-08 19:35:48

I know MrsFluffle!..the mum dropped off this morn and didnt say a word about ithmm, dad picke up tonight and lamost was the same! until i asked him if his Lo was coming on x day as "shes told me shes been going to xx for the last two weeks on x and y days, so didnt know if she was still coming on x day as she now go's there"??? dads look said it all then he blamed his wife, said he had no idea what was going on its all "down to her" "shes dealing with all this"..hmm..yeah !

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Thu 07-Aug-08 20:06:57

hmmmmmmm hmm

vInTaGeVioLeT Thu 07-Aug-08 20:32:13

angry for you pinkchick - i'd of loved to have seen his face - ha ha talk about dropped in the s@*t grin

PinkChick Fri 08-Aug-08 08:53:56

i know LOL, he was funny when he was leaving though, he said i dont know how you do this, all these kids (i had 5 inc dd, am allowed 6 under 8) adn i said well theyre all nice/good kids, theyre all lovely and different and it keeps me on my toes...dont know if he was just trying to slip in a compliment or what??

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 09-Aug-08 11:24:20

people are always saying that to me to hmm

sometimes i say it too myself grin but TBH my own kids are the hard work wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now