Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders Club: I hate my neighbours.....

(11 Posts)
KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 21:42:26

When I first registered I needed Planning permission 'cos DH & I were to work together so we paid out £220 to ask for 12 children. We got temporary PP (for 1 yr) for 8.
A year later we paid out £110 to have the 8 made permanent.
Another year on and we've paid £110 to ask for 12 again on the basis that we have caused no nuisence, no excessive noise etc.

We have spoken to
'Noise abatement' and they have no problems,
the highways Agency and they have no porblems.
to the Environment Agency and they have no problems
We have letters of support from the parish council, the school, our local Childminding group and the County Council (who want to give us a grant to expand).

But no our neighbours (who objected both previous times) have yet again written to complain that 'as they are nearing retirement they are concerned that they won't be able to enjoy thier garden- as we make so much noise'

Well if we get refused I'll have a party every afternoon

RTKangaMummy Fri 11-Feb-05 21:47:17

OMG That is awful

why are trhey being so horrible?

Are they horrible day to day?

Will PP be refused even if everybody else agrees?

hercules Fri 11-Feb-05 21:49:52

Sorry but I wouldnt want this many nextdoor either.

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 21:51:09

My Dh thinks they are jealous - 'cos we got off our butts and did something

They just ignor us

I don't know

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 21:55:08

I could understand it if we had a small garden Hercules, but our garden is 100 ft by 50 ft.

We are over 30 ft from their house and patio.

Also we were asked to (and we agreed) to impose a curfew between 12 & 2 (during the summer) so that the neighbours can have a quite al-frsco lunch.

We only work til 6pm and never at week ends.

On most council estates we would be 'good' neighbours

janeybops Fri 11-Feb-05 21:56:12

tbh I can understand where they are coming from. I have noisy neighbours and it makes life hell.

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 21:56:51

We have also asked to put up a six ft fence on their boundary - but they have refused (they already have an 8ft hedge - leylandii)

janeybops Fri 11-Feb-05 21:58:45

sorry didn't want to imply that you are noisy but just that when there is a problem with noise it makes you very jumpy and you start listening out for it.

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 22:02:57

It's funny - we've got builders in at the moment.
They said they were dreding coming here as they knew we C/Med.

They keep saying how quiet it is.

Mind you most of my children and under 3
And I use a lot of lavender

KatieMac Mon 14-Feb-05 20:50:20

Alright I apologise
Today (or rather last night) a very large piece of polystyrene insulation blew out of my garden into theirs......the builders apologised and we had a chat.

She thinks the children are lovely and very quiet - apart from one day last summer. This was when the teenagers next door but one had a 'pool' party (paddling pool I think )....after I explained that it wasn't us - she apologised and called her partner 'Victor Meldew' and was quite

So sorry neighbour....but not her DP

RTKangaMummy Mon 14-Feb-05 21:05:10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now