Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders preferred pickup times?

(13 Posts)
MrsJamin Wed 06-Aug-08 14:31:41

I'm putting in a flexible working application to leave work at 2.45 meaning a 3pm pickup from a childminders (have not started to find one yet as it seems quite far off) - is this a tricky time, i.e. too close to school run time? What would be the best time of a pickup between 2.30 and 3.30 - i.e. after sleep time but before school run? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot negotiating a work finish time and not be able to find a CM.

seb1 Wed 06-Aug-08 14:33:46

I would have thought it may clash with school pick ups, CM may not be at home.

FruitynNutty Wed 06-Aug-08 14:34:41

well I dont leave till 3.15 to pick up at 3.30 so 3pm would be perfect for me. Although, if late, then you might have to hang around till the CM gets back from the school run which for me is about 3.45/4pm

Scarfmaker Wed 06-Aug-08 14:36:36

Same here - I leave around 3.10 so if was a 3.00 pick up would have to be quick with no hanging around or chatting!

Also, some childminders don't have a school run.

MrsPuddleduck Wed 06-Aug-08 14:36:53

I would ask some local childminders and get a feel for what they could do.

My school finishes at 3.20 and is a 5 min walk away so as long as someone wasn't later than 3.00 I could probably agree to that, but it would depend on the childminder's situation.

moshie Wed 06-Aug-08 14:37:00

It depends what time your local schools finish.You could always try ringing a few childminders to check what time they leave for school runs.

MaureenMLove Wed 06-Aug-08 14:37:17

I used to leave a 3pm for school too. I would have though its far easier to arrange a pick up time with a CM, than negotiate work hours. If the CM you choose needs to leave a 3, she'll be no more than half an hour, probably, so just have that time to nip to shops or whatever you choose. It might also mean, if you were delayed at work for a few minutes, it wouldn't matter.

SammyK Wed 06-Aug-08 14:39:10

I pick up from school at 3pm, but as has been said cm will be happy to work something suitable out.

For example I have had a mum meet me at school for pick up.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Wed 06-Aug-08 15:50:17

You can always pickup from the school?

southernbelle77 Wed 06-Aug-08 17:51:32

It really does depend on the schools in the area and if the cm does pick up. I have pick up at 3pm so I wouldn't be able to do it, but have had children picked up from me at school in the past.

best to phone some cm's and ask

MrsJamin Wed 06-Aug-08 18:51:13

Thanks for your advice, everyone. It seems like CMs are flexible types in some circumstances! I hadn't thought of going to the school for a pickup, that is an option if the times clash.

PinkChick Thu 07-Aug-08 13:06:11

i leave at 2.30 to pick up at 3 and am back for 3.30 but i do meet some parents at school gates to hand over, whatever works best but it IS busy at school so some might not do this?

pigywig Sat 16-Aug-08 15:23:58

I leave to pick up daughter around 3 and im not ack untill 3.50ish so i would either make it before or after or like others have said meet at the school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now