Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

just wondering...................

(8 Posts)
dontwantoowork Wed 06-Aug-08 09:01:44

if someone has a termtime only contract and they dont ever envisage needing a cm in the hols, do they still have to pay half fee retainer for hols??

dontwantoowork Wed 06-Aug-08 09:02:13

ooops. and if so, why?

PinkChick Wed 06-Aug-08 09:09:47

yes, to ensure /assure your childminder she will have your child/children back after the hols..she may turn down work through this time, if you dont want to pay a retainer she is free to use or fill that space with anyone else who wants it, leaving you with no childcare.
As she needs to run her business/keep her own family, she needs to know if you are coming back or not.

dontwantoowork Wed 06-Aug-08 09:22:49

not complaining, honestsmile but wouldnt a deposit be possible of say £50? over 6 week hols.

PinkChick Wed 06-Aug-08 09:25:05

how old is your child?

if under 8, your CM could be turning away a full paying new child in order to keep your school age childs place, some cm's charge full fees during hols, i do term time contracts with half fee retainer

dontwantoowork Wed 06-Aug-08 09:28:16

child is 7, i only work term time and am going to struggle to pay such big retainer when i not paid in hols. perhaps she would be open to discussion! will have a try.
thanks anyway.

jillyj Wed 06-Aug-08 09:32:36

i do pro rata on befor after school (not that i do it anymore). this way they pay less but its over 12 months so covers the hols.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Wed 06-Aug-08 10:26:41

Why not ask of you can instead do it as an higher rate over the term times so it seems like you aren't paying out in the holiday, but you are covering it over the year, probably much like your wages are paid I would assume?
Other than that, you need to be prepared to take the chance that your child can get in again after the hols if you really do not want to pay as said above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now