Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Attention all childminders again.......................

(12 Posts)
fayeso Tue 05-Aug-08 19:14:17

If start at 8am, take a child to pre-school, collect them at midday and then have them untill 5pm do you charge them for the day?

ie. the hours that they were at pre-school, considering they are still taking up a place and you are responsible for them?

Thanks

GordonTheGopher Tue 05-Aug-08 19:15:13

I charge half rate for the time they are at nursery.

moshie Tue 05-Aug-08 19:20:38

Yes, full fee because they're taking up a full day's place.

southernbelle77 Tue 05-Aug-08 19:23:19

Not had it yet, but yes, I would charg full fee as can not fill that space for the time they away.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 05-Aug-08 19:23:37

I do yes as I cannot "sell" on that place to anyone else, especially if I am to be the "emeergency contact" and provide holiday/inset cover.

I charge half fee for the hours at pre-school minus the time it takes me to walk home and start back out again iyswim?

southernbelle77 Tue 05-Aug-08 19:23:57

charge (dodgy 'e' button! )

MrsWeasley Tue 05-Aug-08 19:23:57

yes full day rate

jillyj Tue 05-Aug-08 20:09:38

full fee

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 20:12:31

Full fee

What about holidays/inset days etc

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 20:17:38

Have posted this lots of times but have this policy:

UNDER 5’S IN OTHER SETTINGS

A child is counted as an under 5 by Ofsted until they are in full time education i.e. at school for 10 sessions a week.

A child who is at pre school is a under 5 and if they are with a childminder before and after pre school, and require a fulltime space during the holidays they therefore are taking a childminders full time space. As such you are required to pay retainer fee for the time that they are at preschool, as the childminder cannot then fill the part time that they are at pre school.

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 20:18:10

You obviously could change the retainer for full fee.

Tas1 Wed 06-Aug-08 12:39:18

Full fees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now