Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Is this too harsh

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 17:17:07

It's a letter to a parent
"Just to confirm the current situation; If you wish X to continue attending WC in September, I can currently offer to care for X between drop off at my house and 6pm during term-time. During the holidays our contract is for 8am until 6pm.

However I really cannot accept you dropping off X early without prior warning. Neither am I prepared to accept another late evening; after 7pm is an unacceptable time for X to be collected from my home. It has been brought to my attention that I am only allowed to operate between 7:30am and 6pm under the terms and conditions of my planning permission.

You will understand that we cannot run the business unless we can be certain of the start and finish times of the children. Occasional planned deviations may be acceptable with proper notice, but otherwise we cannot maintain our service to you.

In order to continue with the arrangement, you need to allow an hour to complete proper contracts before Friday 29th August. If you do not arrange an appointment for this I will assume that Friday 29th August will be X last day.

I would be grateful if you could confirm your requirements."

I am being a cow aren't I?

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 17:38:27

No, bloody good letter.

Good on you Katy. time to get tough.

nannynick Tue 05-Aug-08 17:48:24

Good letter. It's clear and firm, and gives them a deadline to decide what they want to do.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Tue 05-Aug-08 18:30:16

No I don't think it's especially harsh, they have to see that late collections/early pick ups are just not on.

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 19:12:40

Are you sure

I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about it - but I think it's the right thing to do

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 19:16:15

If you were a different sort of business, would you put up with clients messing you about with timings?

No!

You do it Katy, I sometimes think that being REALLY business like gets you more repect to be honest.

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 19:28:47

You think?

I'm so down about it all

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 20:01:22

Put your business head on love, start getting tough, and dont let them mess you about, you have enough on your plate without people mucking you about.

imananny Tue 05-Aug-08 20:14:37

moo wink

only joking Katy - course you are not being a cow (hug) - you HAVE to do this, the lady is taking the piss and you need to re a firm boundaries

as nick said,it is firm, and you have given her a time guide, so the ball is in her court, so to speak

please dont get down about her xx

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 22:17:29

Well I'll give it a day or so - then I'll give it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now