Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where is you aupair from?

(13 Posts)
catepilarr Tue 05-Aug-08 14:19:02

following the other thread i am wondering what proportion of aupairs actually come through the aupair scheme, ie on the aupair visa? i guess most of them are from the eu anyway?

AtheneNoctua Tue 05-Aug-08 14:28:49

The new Tier 5 visa is replacing the Au Pair visa so in a few months there will be no such thing anyway.

catepilarr Tue 05-Aug-08 14:53:01

i know that athene, was first to post it on here as far as i remember ;)

AtheneNoctua Tue 05-Aug-08 16:02:58

Gosh look at all the responses... wink

nannynick Tue 05-Aug-08 16:22:34

I would doubt that anyone has an au-pair through the aupair scheme as it stands at the moment. Anyone I know with an au-pair, the au-pair has come from an EEA country.

squiffy Tue 05-Aug-08 16:57:32

Mine are EU, normally Scandinavia. Have one arriving on the 19th from Finland.

Julesnobrain Tue 05-Aug-08 17:12:56

Current one from Czech Republic, previous Poland. My girlfriend has only had Hungarian ones (no real reason just worked out that way). None needed visas but I have found sometimes when their English is not so good and they have not been here before the au pair job role provides them with a safe environment (hopefully, )to find their feet.

jura Tue 05-Aug-08 17:21:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dannyb Tue 05-Aug-08 17:48:23

My current one is Polish but my new one is Turkish. It's increasingly hard to get girls from the EU for basic 25 hour au pair jobs as they're much keener on working in hotels / shops and don't "need" to be an aupair.

Libra Tue 05-Aug-08 17:51:40

My last one was German. The one about to appear is Danish.

We look for girls who want to live in very rural areas (north-east Scotland) and don't hanker after the bright lights of London.

Millarkie Tue 05-Aug-08 18:58:58

Mine will be German and it looks like the next one will be German too.

Simply Tue 05-Aug-08 22:57:47

My first one was German. My next one is dual nationality French/German. The one who wants to come in May 2009 is German.

mummypoppins Tue 05-Aug-08 23:26:18

My german girls were the best! Especially the one from a Bavarian Faming family............still love her like a daughter and she has benn gone 3 years !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now