Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Tuesday 'wet and windy' staff room

(20 Posts)
southernbelle77 Tue 05-Aug-08 08:04:54

Or at least that is what it is like here. Great start to August this week is going to make hmm

I'm not too sure what to do today. Planned activity called off due to horrible weather and although there is an alternative, I'm not sure if I want to do it or not! But then I also do not want to be stuck in the house all day, especially as dd is already bored of the holidays (and oh so ready to start school!). I think we might go out for a bit this morning and then come back and do something here this afternoon. I bought some new threading beads yesterday so dd and mindee can do that and I will find something else for baby mindee to do if not asleep. Any suggestions gratefully received wink

What is everyone else up to today?

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 08:09:20

Morning

I'm being passive aggressive again - a parent sat outside my house from 7am until 7:30 this morning while I had a bath, got dressed and came down.

Have you any cotton reels can you thread them on a cord for the baby to play with (how old btw?)

Umm - walk to the park this am - not sure for pm I have 2 rising 5's an 8yo & a 10yo

aGalChangedHerName Tue 05-Aug-08 08:10:11

I am on holiday this week and next but working today and tomorrow and Friday. Mindee that i am providing temporary cover for needs to come back this week as his big brother has had an accident. Mum desperate for help.
Big brother fell from a 50 foot cliff. Only 2 broken bones thank god!!

So not sure of plans. Lots of free play with the dd's as i hadn't planned on working this week lol

aGalChangedHerName Tue 05-Aug-08 08:11:01

FGS why do they turn up early??

You would think they would learn. Did they knock the door KM?

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 08:16:05

Its wet and wild here, so have cleared the floor in the playroom and gonna build a tent.

SammyK Tue 05-Aug-08 08:40:50

It is bright and sunny here. shock

May have a walk to play group this morning.

KM - put a sign up on your door addressed to all parents I have had to do this before. hmm

aGal - shock sounds like it could have been a lot worse, nice of you to help the mum out. smile

SB - hello, no ideas sorry, my brain not going properly yet grin

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 08:49:05

No

& I said she would have to sit their quietly reading a book because I wasn't expecting her until 8am

Mum looked taken a back

It really annoys me when I have to 'remind' all parents because one is being a pain

PinkChick Tue 05-Aug-08 08:58:20

so you let her in at 7.30 instead of 8??..your too kind!..although blush i have had them turn up TOTALLY not booked in at all, had the child thrust at me a quick 'sorry' and off they popshockangry<<fume>>

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 09:01:20

I didn't but my cleaner started & they came in with her

dmo Tue 05-Aug-08 09:09:51

sunny here were off on a creature hunt at 10am then picnic on the park smile

hellybell Tue 05-Aug-08 10:27:19

Weather here awlful!!!!!!!
Just got 20 puzzles out so beginning to put them all together!!!!
Don't think I can even get out - its pouring and kids hate getting wet!!!

PinkChick Tue 05-Aug-08 10:53:32

sunny but cloudyhmm..off to park, not working but dd has asked if friend can come!..have packed trousers and unbrellas as well as dd being in shorts and vest top!smile..fingers crossed it stays nice all daysmile

jillyj Tue 05-Aug-08 13:14:50

i used to have a parent who came at 6.45 most days and sat smoking in the car with child until 7. did 6.55 once, never did it again!!not here anymore. i must be very lucky, my parents are all fab

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 16:41:16

I had a text saying she would collect at 3

I texted at 3.30 to ask if I should feed the child

She arrived at 4.10

I'm feeling a bit stressed tbh

SammyK Tue 05-Aug-08 18:44:43

katymac {hug}

I called CIS today for a list of cms who pick up from ds's preschool - had to explain I was considering WOH as she immediately recognised my name.

I am feeling very blah about cm'ing at the mo. sad

PinkChick Tue 05-Aug-08 20:32:25

aw chicksad..did you get my email??, havent had one back, i scanned them but will send you a proper on too to keep at hand??.x

nannynick Tue 05-Aug-08 22:08:33

It's been very wet here at Centre Parcs Longleat all day. Have just got back from evening swimming - braved the rapids twice.
Children had fun playing at the arcade, motorbike ride game I think was the most popular.

KM - Think your letter was great. Hope it does the trick. Alas I suspect it won't... some parents just seem to do as they please.

Shoshe Tue 05-Aug-08 22:21:15

[waves to Nick] you are just up the road from me grin

nannynick Tue 05-Aug-08 22:28:23

[waves to Shoshe]]

KatyMac Tue 05-Aug-08 22:31:04

My dad thinks I should 'sell' stuff like that to other childminders

But I think they get lots of support from places like this it's silly to charge them for stuff they can get free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now