Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Term time contracts?

(4 Posts)
hellybell Mon 04-Aug-08 10:27:43

Is this a good way to go?
My paretns want to change to term time as less expensive - coming round to the idea that maybe having the holidays off with my own children could be beneficial.....??

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 10:32:01

you may want to weither charge a higher rate then or retainer during the hols to ensure their place is secure for them upon return..def one or the othersmile

Ripeberry Mon 04-Aug-08 10:42:03

Once i get my childminding business up and running i'm going to be doing term-time contracts.
Holiday cover is only cost effective if you have young mindees of under 5yrs old as most holiday clubs won't take them.
Also, it means that i can take my holidays during that time without affecting any clients.
Lots of childminders in my area don't do holiday cover as they are always undercut by the holiday/out of school clubs.

hellybell Mon 04-Aug-08 11:02:03

Thanks for the advice!
If I am going to go this way then I think i will need to work full-time - mon - fri as I am only doing 3 days a week at the moment.
I feel i could possibly cope working the whole week if I new i had all the holidays off!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now