Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Monday Staff Room: Week 3 of the holidays

(33 Posts)
KatyMac Mon 04-Aug-08 08:30:08

How is it going for everyone

I'm trying a new advertising strategy

Homemade bread, toasted with HM raspberry Jam on the table today

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 09:00:21

Hi KM, I have a potential new client round today, so am trying to be hopeful.

I also have flyers and postcards and may do a letterbox drop this afternoon if the rain holds off.

<scoffs toast>

I have never had such a quiet summer holiday period, no mindees here today.

Shoshe Mon 04-Aug-08 09:06:12

Roll on week 4, I will be in Spain grin

How are you two feeling today, girls, hope a bit better.

I have 6 in, two 5 year old and a 6 year old, plus the SAHMindees.

The older girls have started to bicker already!!!

The 5 year olds, just dont get on.

One is quite difficult anyway when it is more than two of them, but the other one, does tend to wind her up.

Thank god one goes on Holiday on Wednesday.

Out for a nature trail in a mo, get them out as it is suppose to rain the rest of the week. sad

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 09:17:06

Fingers crossed for you Kay grinsmile

got dd and older midnee up to there arms in glue/gliter/craft things at min, picking baby mindee up shortly to give mum break for few hours then dd and mindee want to get paints out so will wait till baba gone i think!smile..hopefully this week i will get contract back from baby who wants to start end of septsmile and mindee who left, mum has now emailed back asking for hours starting sept toosmile..everything crossed here as wellsmile

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 09:29:40

I think it's a funny time of year isn't it, every one is shaking things up and changing schools, nurseries, etc.

Hopefully we will all find nice new little mindees with lovely parents. grin

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 09:31:52

i knowsmile..this baby is adorable and mum has said she IS coming but im wise now and never 'assume' anything until contracts are signedsmile

this last few weeks i seem to lose more than im getting enquiries forhmmsad, but hopefully if these two children owrk out ill be ok againsmile

jillyj Mon 04-Aug-08 09:49:54

do you all ask for deposits i have been lucky so far bt wonder if i need to feel space some time whether i shoul ask for one. what do you ask for>

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 10:22:02

im a bit softblush, but i have in past asked for non refundable deposit to hold over 8's place and would normally (should) ask for retainer to hold palce, normally half fee,its the only way to secure yourself tbhsmile

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Mon 04-Aug-08 10:27:53

morning peeps

I am footloose and fancy free for the rest of the day! grin

Going on a mooch around the charity shops to see what goodies I can find and might treat myself to lunch out too wink also I need to drop some info through a PP door that they requested via my website

Jilly, I've not asked for a deposit as all my mindees care has just been straight away so it's the paying upfront rather than a deposit.

Katymac, until I read the other thread I thought the toast and jam was your new strategy blush

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 11:25:26

Well visit seemed to go well. smile

Doesn't want to start until sept tho, and don't know what to do about deposit/retainer. PP had been to nursery down the road and couldn't afford the upfront fees. Could explain if not wanting to pay to hold place it may get filled? Hate this part!

Mum of 3yr old who left may want him to come back too, will know by end of week.

BUT hours clash so could only take on PP who came today or 3yr old mindee who left. hmm

With retainer fees jillyj I usually say half fee and incorporate some settling in sessions in too, so parents feel they are paying for something.
Or a weeks fees upfront if place wanted within a month. Never have had too though, parents I have had have always wanted immediate starts.

I am no longer gonna be softy cm. I told PP who came today I expect payment weekly in advance, and she agreed. smile (Usually get paid in arrears).

Shoshe Mon 04-Aug-08 11:45:22

Kay I charge, for the space as soon as it comes available, ie, the place that is available form October is being paid for from then till child starts in January.

I would take which ever child that is prepared to sign contacts and pay from now if you have the space now.

It would indicate they are serious about wanting the space.

Especially if you make it known that somebody else is after the space.

I had one Mum quibble about it, while she was here the phone rang with somebody elase wanting the space.

They were happy to pay to secure the space.

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 11:46:56

{ponders}

I am thinking of a name change - lots of details on here in my talk name.

Like my talk name though! And how would I let you all know who I am?! grin

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 11:48:33

Shoshe - now that is good timing! grin

I think 3yr old mindee would want space straight away. Gonna go do some adding and weighing up I think...

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 12:15:34

MasYak (kaySam)?smile

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 12:20:30

Think I will remove a lot of my profile details too.

Someone I know was talking about how they bycott nestle the other day and a shiver went up my spine! grin Don't want my MN identity to be revealed to those that know me! grin

MasYak may work yes

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 13:00:31

you can adjust your settings so your profile can only be veiwed by your MN 'freinds' somehow??

KaySamuels Mon 04-Aug-08 13:25:54

I don't know can I??

MaureenMLove Mon 04-Aug-08 13:28:07

Afternoon all. Thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Kay, howabout SamK or something similar like SammyK, or is that a bit flowery for you? grin Can't help thinking Yak isn't really you!grin

MaureenMLove Mon 04-Aug-08 13:30:30

I think you can only keep photos private. The only option there is to not have a profile at all.

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 13:34:10

Hiya Mo smile..how you doing??

Kay, just dont have a profile, i dont bother..oh apart from some cakes me and midee made few weeks ago thats it!smile

MaureenMLove Mon 04-Aug-08 13:37:08

I'm good thanks. Just watching my kitchen finally fall into place. That was a hell of a job. It should be all finished by Wednesday. Only 2 more days of nipping nextdoor to wash up and do the washing!grin Good job they are on holiday.

How are you and yours? Enjoying the holidays?

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 13:41:19

we're fine, still having hell on with our kitchen not finshed yet(just little jobs, bit of skirting, lightswitch to change etc etc) but now wall outside has cracked were they said lintel WASs trong enough and water p*ssing through when it rains to insdie plasterangry..arrrghh and he still wants extra on top of his original fee!angry..anyway, we ok other than that, got another notice given last thurs, but (hopefully) two mindees one new one old starting sept..just dd and one mindee9Her school friend) today everytime i walk into room they stare at me to "get out, we're palying"!smile..so im putting washer on, checking on them, sending message, checking on them, doing lunch, checking on them..feel like a speare part when theyre like this!smile

How is your dd? enjoying her hols?..oh and what was zante like?, dont think ive spoke to you properly since then!shocksmile

MaureenMLove Mon 04-Aug-08 13:48:14

It seems so long ago now! It was wonderful. I think there's a picture of my outside a bar we found called Club Mo, on my profile!

DD is having fun. No doing loads, but she's at that age where she just wants to bum around anyway. She's at Kbears atm, with her two and I believe I'm getting dd and Miss Kbear back for a sleepover tonight!

She did brilliantly for her first year at secondary and has been rewarded by being promoted into the grammar stream in September!<<proud mummy emoticon>>

PinkChick Mon 04-Aug-08 14:10:48

LOL just had a look!, your kitchen looks lovely, will upload my pics when i get time..glad your hol was nice adn well done to your dd, clever girlssmile..ar you still enjoying new job then???

SammyK Mon 04-Aug-08 14:14:24

Hello grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now