Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

help with my 5year olds moods!

(3 Posts)
NannyDonna Sun 03-Aug-08 15:19:33

I feel so silly writing here as i have been told in the past "you will find being a mum easy as you are a nanny"WRONG

My son is lovely most of the time but he refuses to play if i am not playing with him.
It is driving me CRAZY,i have told him i have things to do and he needs to play till i am finished.
I make sure that i play with him on and off in the day so it is fair.As i am writing now he tells me he is bored and does not know what to do.HE HAS A BEDROOM OF TOYS.
He is a only child and i do understand how lonley he must get.
I have done charts,told him i will sell his toys{then he starts to cry}this still has not helped.
i can help my friends with their children but when it comes to mine!!!!
Any advice would help me so much.

juuule Sun 03-Aug-08 16:18:45

How old is he?

Could he help you with the things you need to do? Or give him something that needs doing that he'd be capable of and let him do that alongside you?

Krackers Sun 03-Aug-08 21:08:19

To be honest, you've probably spent so much time playing with him from a young age, he doesn't know how to play on his own. Perhaps you could set him tasks to do, ie. arts and craft things. One of the best things to keep them occupied really is to let him have a friend come round to play. I know that's not always easy, especially during the holidays, but it will take some of the stress off you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now