Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: It never rains

(16 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 02-Aug-08 17:05:25

I was up at the village fete & meet a child I had booked for starting in December

His mum has just been made redundant

imananny Sat 02-Aug-08 17:08:46

oh no katy (hug)

but dont give up hope - you never know that the mum might find another job in a few weeks and will still need you

has she cancelled the place?

hennipenni Sat 02-Aug-08 17:09:35

Oh katy, it sucks doesn't it? Alot of us are in the same boat at the moment. I stand to lose all my current children between now and in the next 6 to 8 months and there's diddly squat about at the moment to replce them with.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 18:33:49

oh dear sad December is a long time away though and chances are she'll have found work again by then

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 20:44:51

oh chicksad, but i agree its only beginning of aug, she should get something else by then.i have mindeee leave recently, BOTH mum and dad(diff companies) were made redundant within 2 weeks of each other..mum got job last wed, just less than two weeks after shed left smile..im sure it will be oksmile

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 20:45:07

were they paying you a retainer?

KatyMac Sat 02-Aug-08 20:45:47

But she says she isn't looking

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 20:47:31

aw no!, what is she going to do then? TBH this now sounds like a no go, get your name around again <<<<netmums is good palce to advertise>>smile

KatyMac Sat 02-Aug-08 20:48:35

PC - I have 7 F/T spaces

This is the end sad

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 21:13:10

You sound so down Katymac in this post and yesterdays Do you really think this is it? How long have you been in business? Is there something you could offer that no-one else does? Are you advertising?

KatyMac Sat 02-Aug-08 21:16:44

Yes

I advertise
I've been in the local paper, on Radio 4, I write published articles

I used to have 7 staff - I am seriously going to have to lay more people off

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 21:16:51

MrsFluff is right KAty, you never sound like this, i really feel for you, whats happening were you are? too many cm's??
did anything emerge re your nursery?

dont know what to suggest im sorry, but you have all my hope.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 21:26:57

How long has it been like this Katymac?

KatyMac Sat 02-Aug-08 21:28:39

I never picked up after last Easter (07) when a member of staff left & took 4 children with her

And tbh it got really bad in Jan - normally between Jan & Jun I have 6 starters & I had none sad

nannynick Sun 03-Aug-08 09:25:16

Sorry to hear your news Katy. How did the fete go other than that? Did you get any new enquiries?

KatyMac Sun 03-Aug-08 10:03:55

No Nick

No new children in the village at all sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now