Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club: a little help if you please re: fire evacuation drill, risk assessments & if it applies, PPE =)

(4 Posts)
botherednanny Sat 02-Aug-08 16:42:47

Ok, basically I'm a nanny but I'm doing an NVQ3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development and my assesor is coming round next Friday to check all of these things and I haven't got the bloody foggiest where to get started! I haven't worked in a nursery so its all a bit alien to me and I thought asking CM's would make more sense it is based in the home, like nannying.
So girlies (and maybe boyos!), a lifeline if you pretty please!?

Dynamicnanny Sat 02-Aug-08 20:55:03

Well how would you get your charges out of the house if there was a fire from a) upstairs, b) downstairs c) upstairs but fire on the stairwell.

Risk assesments are needed for things where there may be risks to yourself and/or the children so have a think in the kitchen how can you make sure you are all safe - use equipment correctly, no hot spots in food/bottles if use the microwave etc

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 21:09:53

Ring up your local fire station and ask them out to give you advice - looks very good, you get the advice, and if you are lucky, they are hot too ;)

botherednanny Sun 03-Aug-08 22:14:04

thanks for that smile
mrsfluffle - love the advice, however firemen do nothing for me! is that weird??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now