Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - PP cancelled at last min

(11 Posts)
MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 15:00:37

Well not even last minute - 15 mins after they were due hmm

Do PP's think I haven't got anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon than straighten up, put on my best face ( on a weekend when I am legendary for being a lazy moo!) get all the paperwork they need printed off and put into nice folders ( all x2 as two los), getting all worked up as you do ( it's not just parents who find these "interviews" stressful!) and then hang around twiddling my thumbs until they decide to eventually let me know they aren't coming today but still want me in a week - when nothing has even been agreed or decided by me as much as them I might add!!?

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 15:26:13

argh for you..keep in in mind when filling out your settling in period and ensure you stress about paying on time and collecting/dropping off on time..not a good start is it?hmm

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 15:34:35

certainly isn't! I'm away on hol in two weeks too, so hardly worth us starting and then stopping either, might as well leave it till after I am back.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 15:38:43

God can you imagine the uproar if you were not in or made them wait?

There would be hell to pay i reckon.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 15:40:50

I know, but it's ok for them to piss us about though isn't it? sad truly this is the part of my job I hate, no respect whatsoever, although am counting myself lucky I was contacted this time, albeit late! far more usual for them to vanish off the face of the earth hmm

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 15:43:09

I know!!

THAT other thread makes you realise how many parents probably feel about CM's too.

I think mine are ok with how i do things but hey they are probably bitching about me right now. Imagine having the audcity to have holidays etc. sad

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 15:58:40

I have to say I have a great relationship with my familys, but I do wonder after THAT thread wink wether this is the cae on their part?

I wish we could have a name change to something more official and professional sounding!! It might help to change our image a bit.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 16:01:00

Yeah i know what you mean.

I really like my parents i have at the mo,just hope they like me too lol

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 20:08:00

we all had a brain storm about that a while back, but anything we came up with was longwinded..think childcare proffesional was the shortest, but that doesnt really describe us does it?

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 21:11:40

Moneygrabbing glorified babysitter perhaps? Oh no sorry that's what THEY think of us, not we we KNOW we are wink

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 21:22:10

No, workshy moneygrabbing respectless hired help??..LOl, good job my parents are all lovely and would be first to come to me if they had quiry or problemsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now