Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Contracts

(17 Posts)
chloemegjess Fri 01-Aug-08 23:13:28

Hello. I was planning on getting the MM contracts when I take out the insurance (its double the price before you take out a policy).

However I dont want to take out my insurance yet as I am still waiting for my certificate and have no definate start dates.

However, I interviewed a family today, who seemed keen, but she said she would want a contract asap so that she knows it is all sorted out for when she returns to work.

So what do I do? I dont want to have to pay £24 for the pack of contracts...£12 is high enough!

Is there a way of getting just one contract? I looked on ebay but had no luck.

Any idea?

busymum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 23:21:23

do yourself a favour join ncma costs more but so much better they provide a whole start up toolkit with anything you need for about £70.00 i know of 3 childminders who went with mm as was cheaper but when hit against certain problems had no back up from anybody would never go mm myself now you may be entitled to a grant from your local early years team to cover most or all of the costs involved for first years insurance and toolkit

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Aug-08 23:36:14

alternitively - write up your own temporary contract on the computer - i always do a temporary first [i don't want to waste a proper one if they don't last the settling in period]

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 08:32:58

i have the ncma one scanned if you would like it to put you by for now, i agree ncma much better, i took incurance out with mm last year as it was cheaper, but will be going abck to ncma this yrsmile

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 10:20:48

You cannot fill in any contract when you aren't registered yet. Makes it null and void anyhow wink

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 10:41:11

good point mrsfluffle

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 10:45:01

Also add that you cannot take any retainers or deposits either while unregistered.

chloemegjess Sat 02-Aug-08 13:58:49

Yes please pinkchick. Could you email it to me please? My email is jennifer_webb@hotmail.co.uk

Bit confused now about who to go with. We have had this discussion on the childminding forum I use and everybody on there seems to think MM is fine. To be honest, I really don't have any money.

vInTaGeVioLeT Sat 02-Aug-08 14:02:10

i use MM. it costs £35 per year.

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 14:33:10

no prob, but did miss that bit, cnotract and retainers cant be exchanged if you arn't reg, crap i know, ive been there, you CAN tho get everything in order for when cert comes through, get onto ofsted, they quite often need 'reminding' several timessmile

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 14:45:22

sentsmile

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 16:20:10

chloemegjess - did you see the post that you cannot fill in a contract yet?

chloemegjess Sat 02-Aug-08 16:20:54

Really? So what am I meant to do? It was stupid Ofsted who forgot to send off my DHs CRB that delayed it anyway!! How do I go about filling the place then, as the woman specifically said she wanted a contract asap.

The contract wouldn't be to start until after I have my reg certificate?

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 16:23:17

nope, ring Ofsted they'kll tell you the same, or NCMA - you cannot do a contract as you are not what the contract says you are, a Regisitered Childminder, do you see? It instantly breaches the contract so makes it null and void. You would have no number to put on it anyway so couldn't complete it, again leaving it null and void.

chloemegjess Sat 02-Aug-08 17:01:33

ok, I wasnt saying I didnt believe you or anything, so no need to ring ofsted or ncma. Just didnt know.

I just assumed that as long as the contract didnt start until you were registered, it would be fine.

Never mind, I will explain to the parent and hope she doesnt go else where.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 18:37:25

I wasn't being funny!! Just not wanting you to get into heap of trouble

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 20:39:59

hm, i thought it would be ok to fill in purely for parents peace of mind knowing all paperwork was complete and obv not start contract/retainer until reg comes thru?? maybe im wrong, not been in this position so not sure?
i know it wouldnt be worth the paper it was written on legally, but maybe parent just wants paperwork out of way??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now