Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

birthday present for a nanny - suggestions please?

(13 Posts)
nowirehangers Fri 01-Aug-08 14:33:34

Hi, our nanny's birthday's coming up. She'll be 26. I want to get her a great present - prepared to spend up to about £75 maybe more for a really fabulous idea. Any suggestions please or can anyone tell me what they've been given by employers that they really loved? Thank you grin

geordieminx Fri 01-Aug-08 14:35:43

Nice handbag? DKNY? Radly (not keen personally)? Watch? Hot diamond bangle?

Spa day?

Ipod?

MatNanPlus Fri 01-Aug-08 14:38:35

Spa Day

Pamper voucher at her salon

London Show Voucher

imananny Fri 01-Aug-08 14:57:47

SPA DAY IS ALWAYS NICE

JEWELLEY IF SHE WEARS BUT NOT EARINGS AS THEY CANT BE CHANGED IF SHE DOESNT LIKE THEM

LUSH STUFF - love it smile

TICKETS TO MUSICAL FOR HER AND FRIEND/PARTNER

geordieminx Fri 01-Aug-08 15:23:16

NOT LUSH STUFF IT IS VILE STINKING STUFF - I WOULD RATHER BATH IN MY OWN SHIT THAN USE ONE OF THEIR RANCID BATH BOMBS.

lindseyfox Fri 01-Aug-08 15:34:25

maybe some sanctuary bits and bobs from boots.

does she like monsoon maybe a voucher for there esp as they have a sale on the moment.

does she have a partner maybe book her a hotel room for the night if some reasonably priced ones in your area.

vouchers for a restaurant

necklace or bracelet

SimpleAsABC Fri 01-Aug-08 20:02:05

Geordie minx... Lol! I love the fact that as you walk up from Central Station you can smell wafts of Lush.. Imagining you won't find the same experience so positive....

imananny Sat 02-Aug-08 13:14:37

nowirehangers - maybe ask casually if your nanny likes lush stuff

would hate to get the same reaction as geordieminx

i LOVE lush - and I DEF dont bath in my own shit smile

tbh, the fact that you are thinking about her birthday, will mean lot to her, my mb /db have always given me lovely presesnts and home made cards from children - so a bit of thought and effort goes into it

some of my friends employers have completley forgotten their birthday, not even saying happy birthday or giving a card sad

geordieminx Sat 02-Aug-08 18:45:41

I would say 1 thing that cost £75+ as opposed to lots of wee bits that she could afford to buy herself? Not that I'm suggesting thats she's poor cos you dont pay her enough wink

SimpleAsABC Sat 02-Aug-08 19:42:07

It is always nice to feel appreciated, so i'm sure she'll recognise the thought in whatever you decide to buy!

Ebb Sat 02-Aug-08 20:49:33

My favourite present from a family was a silver necklace with a silver heart which had been engraved with 'love forever X and X' on the back. It has a lot of sentimental value. I think a present of any kind is always appreciated especially if chosen with thought.

nannyL Sat 02-Aug-08 20:56:17

My boss bought me some really cool wellies... also some warm fleece welly warmers

I LOVE them and they get lots of use as whenever the children where wellies so do i smile

nowirehangers Mon 04-Aug-08 12:59:12

thank you
Think I'll go for jewellery this time, spa voucher for Xmas
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now