Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - suitable clothing!!

(31 Posts)
MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 01-Aug-08 13:45:57

It's pissing it down, I was planning on going out - mindee just turned up in FLIP FLOPS, disney princess dress, no fcking knickers and no coat.

BRILL.

angry

I have spares but no coat so we are stuck in now.

coolj Fri 01-Aug-08 14:05:36

How old are her parents, 5??hmm

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 15:13:18

LOL..and apparently WE have it easY!

lindseyfox Fri 01-Aug-08 15:42:09

how funny, bet someone got herself dressed this morning!!

juuule Fri 01-Aug-08 16:11:13

Did the parents know that you were planning on going out?

A cm friend of mine keeps a box of various sized cheap kagoul things 'just in case' because this has happened to her a few times

abba1772 Fri 01-Aug-08 16:51:22

why has she no knickers

can't people dress their kids right????

juuule Fri 01-Aug-08 16:55:38

Missed the no knickers bit
Maybe they were in a bit of a rush this morning.
Sorry I know it's not funny really but.. well it is a bit, don't you think?

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 01-Aug-08 19:37:01

Apparently they stayed at a friends house last night after going straight from here - and I know that the day before they hadn't gone home either hmm so judging by the disgusting state of said knickers yesterday, that'll be why no knicks today fgs hmm

anyway I dressed her in my spares and we went out anyway as it stopped raining and was still warm, bought another extra mac while I was out and it's been tropical since!

It wasn't a specific planned daytrip type outing, we often just go out - this was going to the Post Office as part of our topic work.

PinkChick Fri 01-Aug-08 20:42:34

hmm sounds like there may be more probs than unsuitable clothing by what you've said??

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 10:16:00

Yes but not my business is it unless it is a regular thing and even then it's hardly neglect is it, not real neglect?

PinkChick Sat 02-Aug-08 15:16:05

no, not your proba t all chick, im just saying that cos i feel sorry for the dd.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 16:21:31

Yes I do too, but other than keep on about suitable clothing ( put a bit in this months newsletter now!!) there's not much I can do, not everyone has the same standards and priorities I suppose......

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 16:27:35

What about telling the parents you need a change of clothing left at your house? Raincoat,shoes etc in case you go out.

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 16:36:18

I have spares Gal,inc another jacket now! and I think my face yesterday said it all tbh ;)

Just why don't they think on a bit??

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 16:44:18

I once had a little boy i minded who came w/out a coat/hat etc in winter.

Got back from the school run (was snowing) to find dad waiting. Mindee had a pink coat and hat on. I only have dd's so had nothing else to put on him. Dad hit the roof,tried to expalin but he was awful.

Gave him notice there and then. Wasn't worth the hassle. Poor little boy sad

imananny Sat 02-Aug-08 16:55:06

[[ there's not much I can do, not everyone has the same standards and priorities I suppose...... ]]

mrs Fluffle -I would like and hope to think, that everyone wears clean knickers daily theirselves ( ie parents)

assume they put in clean underwear for theirselves for the over night stay?hmmif not then shock and poor child sad

but know what you mean -

maybe you should get all mindees to leave wellies and a rain coat and a sun hat at yours?

MrsWeasley Sat 02-Aug-08 16:56:44

Ah this could explain it all grin

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 18:25:13

LMAO!!!!

Well she is here just now and has the same spare pants on from my box as she had on yday hmm

I think it's time for a talk to mum, but how to broach it without coming across all SS-ey??

imananny Sat 02-Aug-08 18:28:27

the little girl is in the same knickers again shock

* shudders*

that is so not right angry- that poor little girlsad

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 18:31:51

yeah complete with brown bits barf

I really need to say something don't I? Any ideas on how to do it anyone??

( oh and I am not really here while minding!wink but it's saturday evening and it's free n easy then I'm afraid!!)

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 18:33:37

God do you work on Saturdays too?

No idea what you would say to mum sad Poor wee girl tho. Are the parents "clean"?

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 18:34:54

occasionally yes, for my sins.
Parent seems clean but crumpled - her work uniform is brand new but looks dishevelled and unironed.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 02-Aug-08 18:37:57

Not sure what if anything you could say tbh.

I have had mindees who were bathed once or twice a month etc and my DO said i couldn't say anything. Just had to teach them about good hygiene when they were here.

Eg wiping bottom properly and washing hands.

Bloody awful tho sad

imananny Sat 02-Aug-08 18:38:19

brown bits as in poo [sick face]

thats horrible

crusty knickers blush

to me that is a type of abuse - ie neglect - sure the mum chnages her underwear daily - well hope she does!!!

guess you can either be tactful or maybe say, guess xxx got herself dressed today - see what her reply is

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Sat 02-Aug-08 18:41:05

Further developments!!

She's just wet herself, so at least I have got my spare knickers back anyway as slung them in washer - anyhoo got her dressed early for bed and whacked a nappy on ( mine as mum hasn't put in again !)

Have written in book that she wet herself and I have kept the pants as they were the spare pair I put on her yesterday, to save her washing them and handing them back wink

Think that might get the point across?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now