Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - WAITING LISTS................

(7 Posts)
looneytune Fri 01-Aug-08 10:18:34

Hi everyone

Just a quicky while I have my hands free and baby behaving himself.........I've lurked more than posted recently (due to ds2) and have noticed a few people turning people away and then a week or few weeks later, ended up with a vacancy and wishing they hadn't said they were full. This happened to me a long time ago when a long term mindee gave notice and I'd turned down several calls as couldn't see her leaving. Well, the family decided to move their dd to private school when she was old enough so I lost her totally unexpected. She came back for a short while when they then moved to the coast and were in limbo between schools.

Sooooo, what I'm trying to say is it can happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME and I highly recommend EVERYONE has a waiting list.

I always explain on the phone that I'm full, they should keep looking elsewhere etc. but that I'll contact them should my situation change. I have a very simple spreadsheet with details so I can get calling/emailing if someone leaves. It could just be a notepad where you jot details down.

Anyway, that's it. Just felt sad for the poor people who are loosing people and struggling and just wanted to suggest this for the future as it's definitely worth having. Also, looks good when you say you have a waiting list wink

Good luck to all those with vacancies and hope you are soon full again.

Time to go as ds2 has woken up.

LT xx

MrsFluffleHasAWuffle Fri 01-Aug-08 10:20:35

Yes good idea, I keep all my contacts and recontact when a vacancy arises, they've all so far found someone else in the meantime but you never know!

looneytune Fri 01-Aug-08 10:22:53

I know, that does happen a lot but I have had times where the timing has worked out and I think it's worth it JUST IN CASE I'm getting loads of calls atm although I'm showing no vacancies for under 5's. I've taken all details should any of my mindees not come back after maternity leave for any reason.

Love2bake Fri 01-Aug-08 11:48:01

Great idea.

I have just set up a blank page in my Word Doc, and any calls I get I will log onto it. Plus I will never lose it.

You never know!

southernbelle77 Fri 01-Aug-08 20:12:41

What a good idea! I'm going to do that too

As helpful as always, even when you're on maternity leave

Shoshe Fri 01-Aug-08 20:20:04

I have a waiting list, in fact I take the details of all who phone, as often if I dont have a space I can pass them on to others in the group.

looneytune Sat 02-Aug-08 13:12:38

SBelle - just had to say something as I'd noticed a lot missing out on work recently and I know how annoying it is when you've just turned something away then get a space!!

Shoshe - I do the same, pass all enquiries round cms I know locally and have them on the list in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now